cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last months usage

devil5882
Grafter

Last months usage

HI there im very confused ever month i use between 10 to 20 gb yet last month its saying i used over 60gb what the hell is going on???? i did nothing different
15 REPLIES 15
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Last months usage

You could have a quick look at https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php?&strAction=PERIOD#history_three_month (login required) to see if it tallys with what you think. If you need a breakdown of last month it'll need a Plusnet rep to get it for you. You can only see a breakdown of the current month.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI devil5882,
Have you left a torrent client or similar running, because on the 16th there was vast amounts of upload and constant amounts every other day.
Jojo Smiley
devil5882
Grafter

not that i know of. i dont download films or nothing i use my ps3 and facebook thats about it
Krem
Grafter

It may sound a daft question but do any of your users on your PS3 use a playstation plus account? If so, I'd recommend to go into the settings and change your automatic update options or turn it off completely on that user - one of the options on it is to offer and download 'promo' demos and limited full game trials to your console and some of those aren't exactly small
adie:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi devil5882,
I've popped a ticket on your account with a daily breakdown of the upload/download usage. This may help you identify a pattern.
Jojo Smiley
devil5882
Grafter

I havent got a clue tbh ive had nothing but hassle from this internet speed issues disconnections and now being ripped off when i dont download movies or anything how can i possably use over 4x what i have used every other month its stupid. the only thing i can think of that i done different last month is watching a few football matches but if this is the cost its a joke how about u deduct money when we dont use or limit in previous months bloody stupid.
devil5882
Grafter

even this month already ive used 6gb  before i was using betwwen 500 700 mb per day why is it now between 1 to 3 gb per day?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi devil5882,
Download speeds can be seriously impeded when uploads are high. How many users are there in your home? We're certainly not ripping you off. Something on someone's computer is uploading Gigs of data every day. This only seems to have increased dramatically since the 13th. Can you think of anything around that date?
Watching football would not cause this, although if it's P2P stream then the client you use may still run in the background.
If you don't want to go over your limit you can use the data transfer watch on your account.
Jojo Smiley
devil5882
Grafter

my kids play a few games online like facebook games but again they always have. I can not think of anything different to previous months.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Put NetworX on each of the machines and see what is happening http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
Alternatively if the upload is constant just use this http://www.rokario.com/products/bandmon/2-0/ on each machine in turn
Have you checked whether someone is piggybacking onto your wireless connection on the router
devil5882
Grafter

ok ill give it a go ty
devil5882
Grafter

Cheers Oldjim after using that program i quickly found the problem. Turns out a old laptop given to the kids had a torrent on it wcich ppl were uploading from.
tomxlisa
Grafter

I thought i would give this program a try, so i installed the networx thing on my laptop and noticed that there was a constant amount of data being sent and received, it isn't loads only a small amount, but i am sure after a while the data would add up, i have turned my other laptop off and am just using the one now, have checked everything is turned off and there is still data being sent and received, anyone got any ideas?.
x47c
Grafter

Well you need to narrow it down to which program/service on you PC(s) is doing it.
I'm sure process explorer from sysinternals (now part of MS) allows you to monitor in/out bytes by each  individual process running on the PC.
You'll need to set up the columns to show the network I/O from the options as to which columns or data you wish to see on the display.