cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of retention offers

oakwoods
Dabbler

Lack of retention offers

I have just been speaking to retentions to try and better the £23.99 offer for my renewal. Bearing in mind the price will increase to £27.44 in March, I was hoping for a reduction on the monthly price, but it seems retention do not have the will to retain that they once had. No price amendment was offered, just a bribe of a £75 Mastercard with a 24 month contract or £50 with an 18 month contract.

Seriously considering Virgin fibre and phone with 132Mb and weekend calls for £25/month.

Has anyone been able to negotiate the monthly cost with Plusnet or has everyone else found the price is now non-negotiable? I have been with PN for over 20 years and up until now they always seemed to value loyalty.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Lack of retention offers

Moderator's Note

This topic has been moved from Plusnet Feedback to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

There have been suggestions, (possibly in other forums), that BT Group might be winding down (budget) Plusnet and merging the mobile and broadband services into EE.

If that is the case, then maybe they don't want to be committed to a price that is significantly below EE charges for the remainder of the contract period if that merger will be happening sooner rather than later?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gel 

Interesting how that article cuts of those ISPs not supplying something most users will have no need for FTTP faster than 500mbps.

@Mr_Paul 

We have seen the media speculation about Plusnet mobile moving to EE, where is the evidence for the demise of broadband services as well?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Townman 

I don't think that there is any evidence that either broadband or mobile are going to be merged in to EE - and won't be until Plusnet make an official announcement.

I agree that the main speculation has been about mobile, but why would they cease mobile under the Plusnet brand but keep broadband?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

OK I agree with the semantics - there has been no evidence of mobile demise, but the media has speculated that mobile is going to EE.  Can you point to any similar discussion about broadband or the brand going in a similar direction?

BT Consumer Divisions public pronouncements on brand segmentation has signposted Plusnet being a non bells broadband provider for a good while.  What has not been so clear is (with the advent of FTTP) that the business might not offer any voice services at all.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.