cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of referral payments

Loombucket
Grafter

Lack of referral payments

I've just received an automated email giving me "advance notice of direct debit payment".  This surprised me somewhat as my referral payments more than cover my Plusnet bill, but apparently despite this I'll be paying Plusnet this month instead of them paying me.  Huh
One call to the PN Billing team later, it transpires that - for some reason yet to be established - my referrals have simply not been paid this month.  I am assured that it will be looked into (although I got the feeling that it wasn't exactly being treated as a hair-on-fire emergency) and that I will receive my outstanding payments whenever the issue is resolved, but meantime I have to start paying.
The CSC rep. mentioned that he had come across a couple of other instances of this which were being investigated, so I wondered how many other referrers were suffering from this problem.
Am I amongst a small minority of referrers who have stopped receiving their dosh, or are there (m)any others on the forum in the same position?
7 REPLIES 7
Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Lack of referral payments

Now I'm getting annoyed...
I've just checked my ticket log and found a CLOSED ticket which reads thus...
"As per our conversation, due to a current problem (70332) your referrals have not added, when this is resolved the unspent ones will still be applied then on the proceeding bill.
Kind regards,
($Plusnet billing dept. bod)"
No details of what the problem is, when (or indeed if) it'll ever be sorted out.  No undertaking to actually DO anything about it either - like stop taking money from my bank account that I don't owe sooner than pay me what I am owed.
It's a bit like phoning them and saying "Hi, I've got a problem, could you fix it please?"  and them replying "Yes, you've got a problem - it's called (70332).  Have a nice day."  <click>
Plusnet, you used to be so good.....    Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

Hi Loombucket,
I've flagged this thread to one of the team leaders on our business support team.
Loombucket
Grafter

Thanks James, that's appreciated.
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

I've flagged this thread to one of the team leaders on our business support team.

Er... James - d'you think you could wave that flag a bit higher? I've had no response as yet.
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked your accounts. I can see problem 70332 has been raised and also that the missing discounts/payments will be taken from the next bill. I'm really sorry this wasn't processed appropriately this month.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Adam,
If as a result of you not giving him the referral payments when due and hence you've made an unexpected DD charge, if Loombucket goes in to the red as a result, will you pay his bank charges?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: jelv
if Loombucket goes in to the red as a result, will you pay his bank charges?

If our error caused that scenario then yes we would Smiley