cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS - unable to get quoted price.

FIXED
JulG

LRS - unable to get quoted price.

I'm feeling rather hard done by as I am now unable to get the quoted price for my Line Rental Saver!

I was quoted £197.88 to renew my L.R.S. and contract before 09/09/2020 (when my broadband was due although L.R.Saver doesn't expire until 12th).

So on the 07/09/2020 I go online and renew my contract, expecting that an option will come up to also renew my L.R.S., but it doesn't, and then I cannot find how to renew my L.R.S. online as it says I cannot make any changes whilst a change is in progress.  Then when I log on today 08/09/20 and find the link for renewing L.R.S it now costs £209.88 

I then phoned up today to see if I could still get the price quoted until 09/09/20, but apparently the system won't allow this because I have already renewed my contract - the L.R.S has to be purchased first!

I was trying to be helpful by doing it online, (because the info says there are long waits due to Covid-19 and says only to phone if absolutely necessary), whereas normally I would have phoned up and the call handler would have known to get the L.R.S first and been able to process it according to your systems.

So I feel that I have been penalised to the tune of £12 because of this. Really I should have just ignored the Covid advice and phoned up as usual!

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: LRS - unable to get quoted price.

Fix

@JulG 

I recall seeing a  post complaining about something similar with an LRS renewal a month or so ago. I think that on that occasion the customer got the £12 refunded after raising it with Customer Services. Maybe it depends who you speak to. Whilst the system may not be able to change the LRS price, CS staff can refund if need be.

As you say, if the PN online systems are so poor as to disadvantage you, why try to help by not bothering CS?

JulG

@jgb 

Thanks for that - I will try ringing again for a refund.  I can't believe I am the only person who has had this problem - as no-one with any common sense would shell out £200 for L.R.S without making sure that their contract had gone through successfully first!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@JulG 

Plusnet's systems appear to be chaotic at times. I am also pursuing a £12 refund for overcharged LRS. I renewed on on on 23 August and paid the £197.88 requested (I am on a fixed price contract and so that was the correct amount). On 7 September I got my monthly bill, and while the payment of £197.88 showed correctly, the LRS charge applied was £209.88!

I  raised this via a post on these forums on 7 September also raising the question of unresolved longstanding billing issues and still await a response from a Plusnet staff member. I shall give it a few more days before my next step which could be a formal complaint given the billing chaos I have seen on my account since the introduction of the current "new" system two years ago.

JulG

@jgb 

I have rung customer services and managed to get the £12 refund credited to my account. Hooray!  Thanks for your advice.

The first thing they try and say about L.R.S is that the prices went up in December '19!  However if you have been quoted £197.88 at renewal then I think they have to honour that price.

I hope you sort out your billing. I had a lot of problems with billing when I first joined Plusnet 3 years ago, but fortunately haven't had any problems since.

The other thing that annoys me about their systems is that they don't seem to be able to renew from the date your old contract expires, it has to go from the date you ring up(or do online) so if you do it a couple of days beforehand to make sure it's all sorted then you're losing a couple of days each year and end up out of sync with L.R.S