Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS refund

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

LRS refund

Well just got an email from you confirming my moving my LL, but it included the following:

Line rental saver

When you took Line Rental Saver you paid £185.88 for 12 months' line rental up front. This is non-refundable.

Sorry but according to OFCOM IT IS! I expect a refund of the outstanding month(s).

8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: LRS refund

Have you told Plusnet in that you are leaving due to the price rise by contacting COT by phone or letter?  I know in your other thread about leaving you said you'd only told them you were considering it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

HairyMcbiker
All Star

I called the options team and told them "I was thinking of leaving due to the price rise"
I have also placed it in a complaint ticket I have open, so they HAVE been told.

They have a habit of ignoring rules if they don't think they apply to them, but I am giving fair warning of what will happen if they don't refund me, or try to charge me after I have left, like has happend to several other ex-members.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

If you haven't followed the official, published path and don't have any proof that Plusnet have said that they will do it through another route, then that it possibly why the LRS is still showing as due and would likely be on very shaky ground legally.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

@2u2me, if your comment was aimed at me, then if you wish to terminate early due to the price rise (which would include Plusnet refunding the remaining LRS), then you need to contact the COT team by phone or by post within 30 days of receiving the notification of the price rise, otherwise it would be just the same as anyone in contract leaving at any other time.  ie. Early Termination Charges applied and no LRS refund.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the automated standard e-mail you've received @HairyMcbiker

I can confirm we'll provide a pro-rata refund of your line rental saver once your line has migrated to your new provider, and there'll be no early termination fees as you're moving because of the price refresh.

There may be a cessation fee of £30 though depending on how the line is taken over. More info can be found over here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

@Gandalf thanks once again. You have been most helpful over the past years. If only the rest of the service was up to your standard then I would be staying.

Just over a month to go now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries.

All the best with your new provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet