Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS paid but latest bill lists monthly rental

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

LRS paid but latest bill lists monthly rental

Plusnet phone on 16 August became my call provider, and on that day I paid for LRS. However the latest bill, due for payment on 12 September lists a monthly rental charge. Can that be correct? 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
24 REPLIES 24
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: LRS paid but latest bill lists monthly rental

It's a long standing problem which happened to me last year. You'd think that it would be easy enough to incorporate a check into any database to look for a 'has current LRS' flag.

Luzern
Hero

Let's see if it's picked up from here and corrected.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Fix

Hi Luzern,

Sorry to hear that this has happened. I've raised this to our billing team to get corrected for you, and you should receive an update shortly.

neverletmedown
Hooked

I have unfortunately faced the same problem even though I tried everything to get it corrected before the duplicate payment was due to be taken. I paid the line rental in advance well before the service was even connected only to check my bill and see that it was to be taken again via direct debit on the 10th September. I contacted the call centre on the 4th September to give plenty of time to resolve the issue and avoid taking a duplicate payment in error. All to no avail despite following up the telephone conversation with several messages without any response. I've now had to join this community and waste more time in the hope that someone will respond to my requests and correct this avoidable error, shocking customer service and so disappointing. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @neverletmedown 

I'm really sorry to hear this. 

I can see that a ticket has already been sent to the relevant team to rectify this issues, however, I am currently tying to link in with somebody who may be able to get this sorted out quicker for you. 

I'll update your account once I know more.

Kind Regards,

MoR

Luzern
Hero

@Strat or other mod

Would it be better to hive off what relates to @neverletmedown, so there's no muddle?

neverletmedown
Hooked

Alisdair, can you please confirm that a full refund has been actioned today. Unfortunately the ticket you refer to was sent on the 5th September after I raised the potential issue by looking at the bill that was generated well in advance, this ticket didn't stop you from taking the payment in error on the 10th September although you had a number of days to avoid this from happening. If you can speak to someone in person as soon as possible that can issue a refund today rather than chasing up the previous ticket or worse still creating a new ticket then it should be an extremely simple procedure if someone takes ownership today.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @neverletmedown,

I'm afraid our billing team have left for the day, however I've sent an email to a colleague to try and escalate this for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay so far. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
neverletmedown
Hooked

Any response to your e-Mail Harry, if not then surely it's possible to speak to your colleague in person? I'm really not sure why Alisdair couldn't speak directly to billing this morning and organise the refund hours before they left for the day. I really hope one of you are able to speak to the billing team and organise a refund when they are back tomorrow morning because there can't possibly be any more excuses available to you. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

You can request your bank to reverse the DD charge as 'invalid' under the Direct Debit Guarantee and the money should be back in your account within hours.  When the new billing system is settled Plusnet will correct their internal data.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neverletmedown
Hooked

Thanks Maurice, Harry will be able to organise a refund from the billing team this morning so I'm sure he will confirm this has been done shortly. 

neverletmedown
Hooked

Any news Harry or Alisdair?

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Why not just cancel the Direct Debit authority? That tends to get people's attention.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @neverletmedown

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused from this. I have updated your ticket on your members portal, you can see my response by Clicking Here

If you need any further assistance, feel free to ask - Wakas