cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS not an option when upgrading online for existing customers ?

FIXED
mikej
Hooked

LRS not an option when upgrading online for existing customers ?

Hi - I'm currently on 17MB PlusNet Unlimited (no phone package) and I'm considering upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra with a phone package, so I did a 'dummy run' online via the Member's Centre to find out the cost and noticed there is no option to select Line Rental Saver when choosing the phone package.

Is this not possible ?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: LRS not an option when upgrading online for existing customers ?

If you phone up customer options you will probably get a better deal than upgrading through the member centre, and probably be able to take up LRS at the same time.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there,

I believe if you'd like to process the product change online yourself, you'll need to select the monthly line rental option.

Once your line is transferred to Plusnet, you'll then be able to go www.plus.net/rentalsaver to pay LRS which will take effect for month after. Appreciate it's not a brilliantly designed system.

Having said that...

@maranello wrote:

If you phone up customer options you will probably get a better deal than upgrading through the member centre, and probably be able to take up LRS at the same time.

...this is probably my suggestion too.

If you call Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2), we should be able to offer you a more competitive deal for Fibre Extra with Home Phone, and we'll be able to start your LRS from day 1.

There's currently no wait time to get through to that department. Alternatively, we could arrange a call back from them?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I wanted to renew my LRS on line last week but couldn't find where to do it and ended up phoning.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

There's no obvious link to the page to pay LRS - elsewhere I've requested that a link be placed in the phone service management area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikej
Hooked

@Gandalf wrote:

If you call Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2), we should be able to offer you a more competitive deal for Fibre Extra with Home Phone, and we'll be able to start your LRS from day 1.

Anoush

I did as you suggested and got offered an absolutely cracking deal - thanks !

mikej
Hooked

@maranello wrote:

Great suggestion - thanks ! I only made Gandalf's reply the 'fix', as it contains the phone number for anyone else wanting to do the same Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesomeness Thumbs_Up
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet