cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS expiry and renewal (again)

glocal
Rising Star

LRS expiry and renewal (again)

It's the same story every year. I spend hours trying to find out when my broadband/phone and Line Rental Saver expire. Then I give up and spend more time trying to figure out how to contact customers service. And then some more time trying to renew my LRS which is out of step with my phone contract.

Is there an easy way to find out when these contracts expire? Is there a way to align the phone and LRS expire dates? How do I renew my LRS?

Incidentally, it seems I was not alerted two months before my LRS expires. Oh, and https://www.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal displays the message below, which doesn't make sense:

You're already signed up for Line Rental Saver.
This will start from your next billing date.

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: LRS expiry and renewal (again)

@glocal 

If you are in contract your broadband contract dates should appear om the home page of your Member Centre - on the right hand side under My Contract.

As for LRS, can you work it out by looking at previous bills to see when you stopped being charged the monthly line rental charge?

glocal
Rising Star

@jgb the broadband contract dates are there. Thanks. They were not there in previous years.

I can't work out the LRS dates without going back a number of years. As I see there are only 13 months worth of bills online. I keep of course my own records but more than once I had to compare notes with PN when billing got it wrong. The expire date should be displayed under My Account and on every monthly bill, and we should be able to renew it easily from there.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@glocal 

Re LRS, can you find the email you would receive when you renewed last year?

glocal
Rising Star

@jgb thanks for the advice. I went back to the service notices online and found one confirming my LRS would expire on 3/6/2019. Another notice confirms I renewed on 2/4/2019. So, the expire date will be 3/6/2020, which is consistent with my notes. However, until earlier today customers service thought it had already expired, and now thinks it expires on 3/5/2020.

One of the service notices also says I could renew on https://www.plus.net/rentalsaver That page states:

'How do I renew Line Rental Saver? We'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew.'

Given the above mix-up and that I haven't received the two-months notice yet, I am not all that confident in the system, particularly is all this happened to me before.

I remain puzzled as to why the whole LRS arrangement can't be more transparent, or why I have to go looking for service notices.