Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS + Free evenings & weekends

FIXED
TLM
Grafter

LRS + Free evenings & weekends

Hi All,

Some here will know me from another (popular) broadband forum.  I've deliberately kept the same username, so that those who know me...well, know me! Smiley

I used to regularly take up the Line Rental Saver every year - usually to dodge the annual price hike.  Last year, I let it lapse, as the timing was such that I couldn't avoid the price hike, AND the saving by committing to a whole year up-front was so marginal I didn't really think it was worth it.

So I went back to paying monthly.

Another year, and the now expected price hike, so I'm once again thinking of committing to LRS before the new charges cut in, so that I can avoid them (I realise I won't avoid any changes to call charges - only line rental).

BUT somebody on the other forum advised caution about this, as a new LRS lock-in may involve forfeiting my legacy free evenings and weekends, which are no longer offered in the current product range.

I'm an extremely low phone user, either during the paid-for hours, or the free ones, so, on balance, it may still be more cost effective to grab the LRS, even if I'd lose the free calls.

But I'd still like to know before I jump.

Many thanks,

Tina

7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: LRS + Free evenings & weekends

as you let the LRS lapse you will have lost the free evenings and weekends

TLM
Grafter

Thank you - that is what I thought (but it may have been you that suggested this would happen, and encouraged me to check here Wink)

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Not quite true OldJim,
I let mine lapse last year after trying and failing to renew it online.
I renewed it last week and KEPT my free E&W/E calls.

Chat with @Gandalf on here.
TLM
Grafter

Thank you - PM sent!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Tina, thanks for getting in touch.

If you pay LRS by going to www.plus.net/rentalsaver this shouldn't affect your free E&W call package. Note that once LRS is paid, you won't be able to change from this call package to any of the new plans (if you choose) until the LRS expires.

To take advantage of the lower rate of LRS, you'd need to pay it before the 29th June.

Please feel free to tag me in a post on here if you do decide to pay it and I'll check up on your account again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TLM
Grafter

Just wanted to belatedly confirm that this worked.  I renewed LRS online, as suggested, and my account is showing Free Evenings and Weekends still active, so it didn't have the effect of cancelling that legacy perk, as some suggested.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for coming back to let us know. Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet