cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIne rental saver renewal and discount

FIXED
robwelliott

LIne rental saver renewal and discount

I have been with Plusnet for 2 years now, paying over the odds for living in a fairly remote and "high cost" place. I had a £9.99 discount applied to the account at the time which cushioned the charges. A year ago I saved a bit by paying for the Line rental saver. The renewal for this came up again about 8 weeks ago with a couple of reminder emails.

I signed up again on 8 October. However, the £9.99 discount has been removed this month (I am presuming that it lasted for the 2 years of the initial contract) and my monthly costs going forward are now £26.49 pcm. Taken together with the line rental that makes £42.90.

Clearly, I am not happy about this. Yes, I can imagine dozens of you saying it is my own fault for not remembering to check the account and considering options before paying for the line rental. However, I now feel slightly conned.  I am presuming that I cannot cancel the contract and recover the unused part of the Line Rental Saver. I would welcome confirmation of that, and also to hear about anyone else in a similar position.

And surely it would be good practice to send out reminders of when a contract is coming to an end and notifying of any changes? After all, Plusnet is quick enough to send out Line Rental Saver reminders.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: LIne rental saver renewal and discount

@robwelliott

From https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver-faq/#refund

Is Line Rental Saver refundable?

You can cancel Line Rental Saver within the first 14 days after ordering and get a full refund. After this, you can cancel the service at any time, but the fee is non-refundable.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@robwelliott

You could get a broadband-only deal and keep the Plusnet phone service. You could well get a decent BB only deal with Plusnet if you check what you could get elsewhere first.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Fix

Hi Robwelliott,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies to see this has happened. I would suggest calling the Customer Options team at this point as they will be able to advise what deals/offers you are able to get. You reach them on 0800 013 2632, it may be worth checking other providers in terms of broadband prices/affiliates (MSE, compare the market) as we can look at either matching them or getting close to them.

As for the line rental saver @SpendLessTime is correct, we will be unable to refund in all other circumstances unless you cancel within the first 14 days after making payment.

Our new fixed term contracts (which is what you would go into if recontacting now) has a personalised reminder email sent out before the end of the minimum term.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

robwelliott

Many thanks for this. I have a new discounted contract and am happy.

Rob.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great news @robwelliott. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.