Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyworker disconnected in error

FIXED
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Keyworker disconnected in error

Someone marked this as spam last time I posted it. I am getting more and more unimpressed by Plusnet. Please sort this out. 

My Mum called to set her disconnect of fibre bb and telephone for 10/05/20, but someone disconnected it yesterday in error. She is shielded at home as is in her 60s and medically vulnerable. She also has to work, so requires internet for that. After having spent several hours in calls to fix this, she has been told that fibre reconnect will take 10 days. She has been made to set up a new connection to reconnect her phone (24 working hours) and then has to wait up to 6 days for ADSL to be reprovisioned as fibre will take so long.

She has been told her case is not an emergency as only telephone is important and she doesn't have a careline. However, the current situation means she relies on fast connection BB for her work (she's a nurse working from home and needs to sync her work computer with remote servers several times a day), she also needs internet to be able to get groceries. Her mobile signal in her house is terrible so she really relies on the internet service.

To tell a 60+ shielding keyworker her case is not urgent or does not constitute a priority is outrageous. It's even worse that she's being told that her reconnect will take days, when it really doesn't need to according to another forum post (https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/so-today-my-fibre-got-incorrectly-ceased-due-to-human-...). This was disconnected last night so all physical cables should still be where they need to be for office only reconnect. Please help.

I would also now like to know why the topic was marked as spam please, and who did this. 

Tags (1)
28 REPLIES 28
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Keyworker disconnected in error

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@CustDaughter your original post was caught by the automated spam filter.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @CustDaughter I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I can see we've picked up your tweets and messages via Twitter this morning and one of my colleagues @abails0105 has personal ownership of this to get your mum back up and running as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Unfortunately after two days of there being pretty good contact with yourselves, all contact to me on this matter has ceased, yet my Mother has still not had her broadband reconnected. I have written emails to the CEO, and replied to messages on Twitter, but it seems that Plusnet is no longer interested in resolving this issue. 

I already know that this could have been fixed quicker (https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/so-today-my-fibre-got-incorrectly-ceased-due-to-human-...), so quite why it has taken 6 days just to get ADSL I don't know. My mother has now been told that she will not have broadband until tomorrow night, making it 7 days.

She is home alone. She is in her 60s. She is a nurse, and cannot currently do her job as she needs the internet. She also can't order a food delivery for herself as she has no internet. Her mobile signal is too poor to connect to mobile data in the house, and she cannot leave because she is medically vulnerable. I don't know what about this Plusnet thinks is not an urgent situation. 

I will be forced to contact the press about this if I do not have some sort of communication back from Plusnet today. This is outrageous behaviour. Quite aside from the whole situation, to now be flatly ignoring our communications is completely out of order. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @CustDaughter I'm sorry to see you feel that way.

I can see we've been regularly updating the support ticket Here on your mother's account. I've checked the progress and I can see our suppliers accepted the expedite request bringing forward the completion date to yesterday but as that didn't complete we chased this up today with our suppliers and they've reprocessed the expedite for tomorrow.

Unfortunately we've not been advised what the delay is but I suspect it's due to engineer availability. I've escalated this with our suppliers now to try to ensure that this happens tomorrow without fail. Apologies for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me. There is no need for an engineer, as it is an office only reconnect. I have not heard anything from Plusnet about this for two days, despite reaching out several times. Somebody called Alice in the Senior Service Team was apparently going to be taking "personal ownership" of this issue, but I have not heard from her. Now all my mother is getting is short emails to tell her yet again that she has been let down with no offer of further support, and no explanation. I'm sorry, but this is just not good enough. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @CustDaughter 

I can confirm Alice has ownership of this as per my initial response on this thread and she's been chasing this up at every stage, providing updates onto the support ticket linked above and messaging you via Twitter. She's not on shift today so @LaurenB followed up instead. I understand what you've said however we're passing on all the information we have.

I've checked the line and I can see it's what's known as 'left in jumpers' which indicates that the broadband equipment is still physically in place so, in its simplest form, it'd need to be 'switched-on'. I can't advise why the order didn't complete yesterday because we hadn't received that info but it's re-scheduled for tomorrow and we're escalating this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. I didn't hear from her once yesterday, and I have not heard from Lauren. My messages on Twitter have gone unanswered, as has a follow-up to my CEO complaint. I have, as has my mother, that I be the main point of contact for this because the situation has upset her so much. Now my questions and attempts at communication are being ignored, which is why I came back to the forum. I am grateful that you are trying to help, so thank you for that. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @CustDaughter 

I apologise for the delay in messaging you back via Twitter. Updates have been provided via the account. However I understand what you've said though and Lauren will message you back via Twitter shortly (today).

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Hi. My mum has still not been connected with broadband aside assurances that this would be done today. I haven't heard anything from the senior support team, and they clearly haven't followed anything up this afternoon or they would know that her broadband is still not working 7 days after it was disconnected in error. We are being constantly fobbed off and it is unacceptable. An office-only reconnection takes minutes not days. All the while her job is in jeopardy and she can't order groceries. We will be going to the press about this.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @CustDaughter,

I'm very sorry that your mum is not yet back online and for the inconvenience that this is causing. Having looked into this, I can confirm that the order has completed however the router is not connecting on the correct details which is why it's not allowing access to our network. This can normally be resolved with a factory reset of the router, there's a reset pinhole on the back and something would need to be pushed into it for at least 15 seconds. If it still won't connect after the reset, the account holder will need to go through the following steps to manually update the details in the router.

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Click on the 'Broadband' tab. You should then see a username and password box. If this doesn't come up, please click the 'disconnect' button

4) Your username is your account username with @plusdsl.net at the end and your password is your account password. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.  (The account username and password will be the ones linked to the new account)

If you'd prefer, I can give the account holder a call to go through these steps over the phone. Please let me know if you'd like me to call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
CustDaughter
Dabbler

Thank you very much for getting back to me and providing this information. After trying this, her service worked for about a minute and then stopped again. She tried to log in to the router and follow the steps, however a message came up to say no further action was needed as she is connected to the internet, which she was but it is not actually reaching any webpages.

She has become so upset by all of this she really doesn't want to speak to Plusnet, and I frankly can't blame her. I can't tell you how upsetting this has been for me also, knowing the upset and fear being cutoff by Plusnet has caused her at a time when she can't leave the house. I'm beyond words.

I must say that forum advisors have all been very helpful, which I greatly appreciate. The senior service team have not had the courtesy to get in touch with me about this, so I'm sorry you've been left in the position where you have had to deal with their mess. That isn't fair on you.

I will be contacting the CEO about this again as it seems this issue is not resolvable. I will be sure to mention how forum advisors have been helpful and willing to provide information and updates when the senior service team have not. Thank you.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Fix

@CustDaughter  I totally understand how you and your mother feel you have been treated but this...

She tried to log in to the router and follow the steps, however a message came up to say no further action was needed as she is connected to the internet, which she was but it is not actually reaching any webpages.

would indicate that you are very close to a resolution and that it may well be just a matter of changing the default username.

Can I suggest that, rather than give up, you accept Emily's offer to call your mother and talk her through correcting the situation.

Then by all means , contact the CEO, but at least , in the meantime your mother will have her broadband back

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.