cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my email on leaving

spratley

Keeping my email on leaving

How do I keep my email on leaving phone customer service and they say it’s not possible I’m due to leave for BT FTTP on Tuesday 13th but I’d like to keep my email for a little bit.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Keeping my email on leaving

Read Post #5 on this topic : https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Need-Help-to-retain-email/m-p/1816446#M34543 .

Welcome to the forums, BTW.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @spratley

I PM'd you back a couple of hours ago on the back of the PM you've sent me and Adam.

Basically the answer is yes if you can message us back on Wednesday. I also explained what you'd have to do once we've reactivated your account to a free email one.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spratley

So basically the account didn’t cancel correctly because of issues with open reach when I rang to sort it they told me you don’t offer email only anymore is this true? Seems I get different answers depending who I speak to?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from eMail to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Morning @spratley

Looks like someone has accessed the account this morning to get it closed down properly. Once the account is what we call "destroyed" on our end, we'll be able to raise a task with our NetOps Team to get it re-activated as a Mail only account.

I haven't heard anything about us not doing Mail Only Accounts? Ignore that for now, let us know when you've received the comms saying that the account is closed down, and we'll get the task raised. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
spratley

Hi my email has stopped working so I think my account has closed
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the heads up @spratley

I can see we reactivated your account to free mail only on Friday night. You'll just need to go to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to resetup up your mailboxes etc. If you've found you'd lost any mail that was present in a mailbox at the time your account was cancelled, let us know as we should be able to get them back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet