cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched from BT, BT service still active

thevaleyard

Just switched from BT, BT service still active

The switch to Plusnet completed today, I am posting from the new PN connection.
However upon logging in to my BT account it looks like nothing has changed and my old services are still listed there.
according to PN they should handle everything with regards to the old service being cancelled, right?
Will it just take some time?
5 REPLIES 5
Razorback
Grafter

Re: Just switched from BT, BT service still active

When I moved to PN it took BT a few weeks to close the account down after the phone and broadband had been migrated.
thevaleyard

Quote from: Razorback
When I moved to PN it took BT a few weeks to close the account down after the phone and broadband had been migrated.

Thanks, I figured that would be the case but thought it worth checking out just in case Wink
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just make sure you're not charged for two services at the same time (I'd contact BT to confirm you've transferred and ask them to send a final bill).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
sjptd
Grafter

I've just finished a bit of hassle with BT on the changeover (at least, I hope it's finished ...)
After broadband changeover and before phone changeover they sent a regular bill, which included advance payment for the next month of BT broadband (instead of a small refund for end of previous month not used), and some incorrect phone payment as well.
I rang up and they said fine, don't pay and it will all be corrected in the final bill.
Final bill came with correct removal of charges, but with £7.50 added for late payment of the previous incorrect one.
Another call and they removed that incorrect charge and I paid the (small) balance.
I suspect I may still have paid for a week or so of overlapped broadband, but the difference is small enough I can't be bothered to work it out exactly.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

BT should receive notice that the services are transferring (or transferred) to us, as has been suggested it may be worthwhile getting in touch with them just to confirm that you've moved over and they can close your account now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.