cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just missed out on 4 months free - D'oh!

tagzy
Dabbler

Just missed out on 4 months free - D'oh!

I've just signed up to Plusnet value (no contract) and have paid some odd £80 for a new phone line, activation and first month subs. Just as I finished I saw a deal on a third party website linking to an offer on the plusnet website for the first 4 months free plus free activation for non-contract! I phoned up customer service and the chap was quite helpful but I am still a bit confused and convinced I'm going to be billed the £80 soon. He said I won't be billed until about a week after my broadband activation (19 oct as it stands) and I will now get the 4 months free from then. I forgot to mention the free activation though - should I phone again? He didn't seem to be familiar with the deal as I had to read out the URL to him to check so not convinced this will be sorted.
Has anyone else been through anything similar? Will I not get billed anything at all until everything is up and running?
Thanks for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just missed out on 4 months free - D'oh!

Hi tagzy,
A warm welcome to Plusnet and the community site.
We have decided to honour this and give you the first 4 months for free, however due to you not following the third party offer we can't waive activation, that's more than a fair compromise I'm sure you'll agree.
As things stand you'd be billed for activation in about a week after your direct debit becomes active, please note waiting for the direct debit can delay order placement so you might want to consider adding card details to your account to expedite that part of the order process.
With regards to your broadband subscription we will be discounting this so you won't have to pay but to recap there is a fee for activation.
Any further quesions then please drop me a reply.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tagzy
Dabbler

Re: Just missed out on 4 months free - D'oh!

Thanks Adam, gutted I missed out on saving £25  Embarrassed
But I am grateful you've decided to give me the 4 months free.
When I checked out I paid £49.99 for the new line, £25 for the activation and one month's subs at £6.49 all on my credit card and set up a direct debit at the same time. When will I be billed for the card payment? Will the £6.49 be taken off as part of the offer?
Thanks again.