cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just impossible to cancel

greybkeman

Just impossible to cancel

I have only joined the forum as it seemed the only way to get anyone from this company to take any notice.
My question is - why is it possible to set up an account online with no difficulty but absolutely impossible to cancel that same account at the end of your contract.
You can cancel but only by phone but having spent the best part of nearly 10 hours waiting to speak to someone I have given up.
Also if you wish to make a complaint you have to call the so called wonderful customer services - I think the wonderful means that they are having a wonderful time racking up income from people hanging on on telephones to speak to the one operator that they may have available.
No point in trying over Christmas so not looking forward to 2016.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just impossible to cancel

If you're out of contract simply select your new ISP and they will do everything for you. If you're account is clear of debt then Plusnet will automatically close it (I assume) as part of the migration process, if it's not settle up before your move to your new ISP. If you want to close your account without moving to another provider then I think your only option is to call in, I suspect if you choose chat they will tell you the same and remember calls to Plusnet are free so use the 0800 432 0200 number.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

By post is an option and may actually be quicker!
[quote=https://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html]If you wish to give us notice you must do so using one of the following mechanisms. No other form of communication will be accepted, unless specifically stated otherwise in this agreement:
To us: by phoning our customer options team or in writing to:
Plusnet Plc
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
S1 2GU
UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea, but send it 'signed for' (aka recorded) that way you know it's been delivered.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you're wanting to cancel.
Looking at the current call queues, there is little/no wait time at all to get through to our Customer Options Team. You can reach them on 0800 013 2632.
I hope that helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet