cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just cancled £30 charge?

Dwivvc
Grafter

Re: Just cancled £30 charge?

Thanks jelv but I can assure you I am correct on this matter and seeing how a member of staff confirmed this i really don't see what you're trying to achieve with this
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

They've promised to refund you and that can't be changed now.
But if he made a mistake in giving you the refund I'd hate false hope to be given to other users who will be disappointed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi jelv.
Having spoken with management and checking the OP's account, we felt the cessation fee shouldn't have been charged and a refund issued.
I'll check this further with products tomorrow.
Many thanks
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Thanks jelv but I can assure you I am correct on this matter and seeing how a member of staff confirmed this i really don't see what you're trying to achieve with this
There have been a number of occasions where the cessation charge has been applied incorrectly recently and I think Jelv is just trying to get at the correct facts, rather than what seems to be sometimes a 'make it up as we go along' situation when someone complains.
edit: in light of alex's post , I rest my case...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: jelv

When was the specific "no contract" option introduced? I thought it was later than 2010.

I'm not sure which specific 'no contract' option you're referring to, but I do know that there was a 'no contract' option in 2002 when I joined.
The difference was in the amount of the 'Activation Fee';
    Option 1:  12 Months contracted with an Activation Fee = £60.00 (or thereabouts)
    Option 2:  No contract (30 days notice) with an Activation Fee = £70.50
(Monthly fees obviously payable in addition to the above)
I paid the £70.50 so I wouldn't be stuck in a 12 month contract with a dodgy ISP if I'd made the wrong choice, but I'm still here without any period with another ISP.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Looking through http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/index.shtml ...

A quick look at the dates of the products given at the page linked to shows nothing is listed prior to 4th April 2005.

... I don't think there were any no contract packages in 2010.

I've just looked back through old billing information emails, and perhaps not specifically 'no contract', but quoted as 'Monthly Contract', the earliest one I seem to have retained was dated 25/4/2003 and stated as follows;
Subject:  Your ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract) Account
Dear **********,
Username: **********
We write to confirm that we have taken payment for the sum of £22.99
which represents the period beginning 2003-04-25 payment regarding your
ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract) account.
Please remember that you may, at any time, confirm the payment details we have
for you by visiting www.plus.net and following the links.
Please don't hesitate to contact us immediately if you have any queries
any matter with regards your ADSL Home Self-Install (Monthly Contract) account.
You can phone our friendly Support Team who are available 24 hours a day,
7 days a week on 0845 1400200.
Did you know you can now pay for your account by Direct Debit? Direct Debit
payment is easy to set up and convenient, as there's no need to confirm
regular payments or update your details. Set up your Direct Debit today - visit
www.plus.net/general/directdebit.html
Thank you for choosing www.plus.net as your Internet Service Provider.
Regards,
PlusNet
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi All.
Right, after much discussion with several people, we now have confirmation of when the cessation fee should be applicable.
Should a customer sign an account up on a none contract basis and stays on a none contract basis, they will NOT be charged a cease fee.
If you sign up on a none contract basis and then change your product to a contracted product via the portal, customer options etc, then you will be charged the cease fee as you are required to accept the new terms and conditions when changing the product.
In the instance of Dwivvc, we won't be removing the offer of refund as this was signed off by management however normally the fee would stand. This is the same for RobPN (should you wish to ever cancel without transferring away).
I apologise for any confusion I may have caused. A customer will not be charged a cessation fee should they sign up without a contract however they must stay on that product and not select a contracted product at any time.
I hope this provides further clarity on the matter. Please let me know if you've any further queries about this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team