cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a question re prices & offers and what about loyalty discounts?

Routefinder
Grafter

Just a question re prices & offers and what about loyalty discounts?

Hi All
Firstly, I saved money by switching from my long held legacy 'product' and hope to maybe by the end of the year get FTTC...............now I have no issue with costs though I wish the FTTC was lower Huh Wink  Indeed Fibre Essentials will be lower than my old legacy product!
Now I have been with PlusNet for what seems like a very long time and if ISP's used the same type of business model as say the RAC I would be getting a discounted rate by now.....I have been with the RAC for I think 35years and my bank for something like 45years (OK the bank do not give discounts for loyalty  Grin )
Now yes I understand that PlusNet offer cheaper introductory offers to attract new customers but what about those that have been loyal and not switched to "follow" the deals, why is there no loyalty program for the likes of users like me???
Oh and before someone says I can save more by adding "phone" into my package, that to me is not about rewarding loyalty to only let me save money by 'buying into' an extra  Wink Sad
So just posting this to see what others think and indeed whether any PlusNet guys or gals can offer any insight into the matter?
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Just a question re prices & offers and what about loyalty discounts?

Too many companies seem to be falling over themselves to attract new customers while seemingly ignoring the existing ones.
The trouble is quite a few of the new customers that join because of discount deals will be off chasing another discount elsewhere as soon as their minimum term is finished so who is left subsidising the discounts?
A relatively small loyalty discount would, in my opinion, keep a lot of customers happy.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
It's not something we have any plans for but thanks for the feedback and for making your thoughts clear on the matter.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks for chiming in with the 'now' status of such a matter.
Just by way of a parallel ~ I sell B2B and I was always taught that getting and retaining loyal customers can never be taken for granted, afteral the 80/20 mantra does still make sense i.e. you get 80% of your business from 20% of your customers.  So in the case of an ISP selling BB services I would like to think there is some mileage in keeping what you have. 
Though I have no experience in the business of your market there can only be so much "churn" in the business and it must (???) make sense to hold onto the new customers that you have won over let alone keeping old die hards like me a tad happier......I have read posts hereabouts of folk asking for their MAC codes and then getting a "special" offer to stay, it should not take the threat of departure to give a retained customer a reason to stay on..........................and if they leave to chase that next discounted offer after the contract period you have gained nothing.  Sad
Incentivising 'them' to stay I would argue is not as costly in marketing & sales effort to continually grab new customer market share?
As I said just an update of my thoughts on the matter  Smiley
peter10
Grafter

A loyalty discount would be a very good idea as I'm certain there are people who swop providers regularly to get introductory deals and it would be cheaper for companies to try to keep them. I do this regularly for Energy, Insurance and even changed Banks this year. The way things are at the moment most businesses seems geared to capturing people with short term offers such as ISAs that change from a poor 3% to an even worse 0.5% after a year or introductory offers on broadband. They then rely on inertia and people staying with them. I am looking around at the moment and was impressed when a neighbour using a much maligned ISP told me how he had been called and offered what seemed to me a decent discount as a loyalty bonus. He had nothing but praise for them and was recommending them to me because of this. The problem seems to me to be that the broadband market has reached saturation and there are very few people without it so ISPs are trying to win customers from each other and hoping that they won't lose too many in the process.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

So true.
A loyalty bonus makes customers feel valued.
Suppliers giving away ridiculously cheap deals to new customers risk making existing customers feel less valued.
Customers who feel valued will praise and recommend their supplier, this is good for business (especially when it comes to customer satisfaction surveys and awards Wink as well as potentially bringing in new customers by recommendation rather than throwing money away to 'buy' new business).
Maybe the amounts 'given away' are not that large but the big headline deals make existing customers feel that they must be subsidising the deals by paying more than would otherwise be necessary.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Sadie
Grafter

I was under the impression that my 12 month anniversary is up in October so I rang PN to see what incentive they would offer me to stay with them.  The princely sum of £12 off the Line Rental Saver!  (As it happens it's not up until January so I'll be staying with PN at least a few more months).
I don't want to leave PN - if ever I've had a query or a problem, a quick phone call and it's sorted BUT Talk Talk's Value Line Rental is £114, so ............... Undecided