Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Renewed Fibre , confirmation email doesn't match renewal cost

FIXED
malcd
Dabbler

Just Renewed Fibre , confirmation email doesn't match renewal cost

Hi

I have just renewed my Fibre contract. Cost including unlimited UK & Mobile calls £13/mth. Line rental saver expires in 2021, so monthly cost doesn't include this. 

The confirmation email says :-

From 24/04/2020, your monthly subscription will be £32.99 for 18 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £44.98.

Please note: This does not include the cost of any Add-Ons, call costs or call features.

When your Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental

So, line 4 suggests that the £32.99 does not include the Unlimited UK & Mobile calls, nor the monthly line rental, which would be a further £19.99. Whilst I could assume that the £32.99 is the new contract £13/mth + monthly line rental at £19.99, this is not what it says, and based on experience with PlusNet Billing I cannot assume that the bill will be just the £13 that it should be.

Any chance of this being sorted now before I start getting incorrect bills and spend the rest of my life waiting in long phone queues every month trying to get it sorted, as was my experience for the first 6 months of the last contract year.

thanks

MalcD 

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Just Renewed Fibre , confirmation email doesn't match renewal cost

Fix

Hi @malcd,

I'm very sorry that the price on your renewal confirmation is incorrect. I can confirm that this is because it mistakenly includes the cost of line rental at £19.99 per month, despite you paying for line rental saver, and that your actual monthly cost will be £13. I'll flag this error to the relevant team. I've sent you an updated renewal confirmation with the correct figures on and you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
malcd
Dabbler

Thanks Emily for your prompt action; great work

regards

MalcD

malcd
Dabbler

Hopefully EmilyD will pick this up.

It looks like I spoke too soon, because I have just received my bill dated 27th April 2020.

For the period 27th April to 26th May the bill shows a figure of £15.99 for unlimited fibre and £9 for the unlimited UK & Mobile call plan; however I cannot see any line with the necessary discount to bring this total back to the contract figure of £13.

There are a number of lines showing credits and debits, some of these I recognise, but as this is the bill that deals with the end of one contract period and the start of another, most of the figures seem to be plucked out of the air. The descriptors for these line items are appalling, and are far removed from the type and level of detail that shows in the 'sample bill' on the PlusNet Billing Help pages.

I believe that the overcharge on this bill is at least £11.99, being the difference between the agreed contract figure of £13, and the £15.99 + £9 that seems to have been charged.

Hopefully someone at PlusNet can pick this up and resolve it.

thanks

MalcD