cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint accounts

Chlemi

Joint accounts

It seems I can have a joint bank account and joint mortgages with my husband but that this is impossible for services. Despite being named on the account, I can’t add a phone package to the broadband. The account can’t be transferred to my name so it seems plusnet really wants me to leave and set up a new account with someone else!
4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Joint accounts

Hi @Chlemi,

I can confirm that we are only able to have one person as the main account holder and that the account holder cannot be changed. However, the account holder can add authorised users to their account who we are able to discuss the account with provided that they can pass our security checks. Authorised users are not able to make any changes to the account that will affect the monthly cost or contract length, are not able to add other authorised users and are not able to book fault engineers but can do most other things.

If the account holder would like to change the phone package on the account without calling us, this can be done via the product change page on the member centre here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Chlemi

But you want to charge £15 per month more to do it online, contrary to most things in modern life. Apparently the ‘exclusive’ discounts can’t be given online. Another example of where loyalty to a company isn’t rewarded. You make it very difficult to stay with a provider.
Chlemi

And it would be me doing it online with the same username and password I’m using on the phone so complete double standards!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. If you would like a cheaper deal I'd recommend asking the account holder to call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet