cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the ranks of the overcharged.

Knulp

Joining the ranks of the overcharged.

Hi, I recently took out a new broadband contact for £27.99 a month only to be overcharged for the first month. After speaking to customer services they assured me that my account would be refunded and that the amount would be correct from now on.

I now find that I have been overcharged again at £43.32. The chap on customer services this time didn't even attempt to offer any solution and seemed completely defeated by the issue and resigned to hopelessness from the start, as if he'd been dealing with the same problem from other people non stop for months on end.

Since researching it I realize that this is probably the case, with some people going months and months without it being sorted .I simply can't afford to be overcharged by this amount each month. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do, On the one hand I don't want to simply cancel my direct debits as this could cause all sorts of other problems but on the other hand I can't allow it to carry on month after month with no idea when it will be sorted.
Can anyone offer any advice or reassurance?
Many thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Joining the ranks of the overcharged.

Lodge a complaint at Plusnet make a complaint which is what I will do if it happens to me again

Dave

ps don't use Chat

Knulp

Many thanks for the advice and the link Dave. I most certainly will be lodging a complaint if it's not sorted by next month.
When you're on a very tight budget getting overcharged by that much and then being offered just a weary clueless shrug from customer services on the phone is rather worrying to say the least.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello @Knulp

I'm really sorry that this has affected you again. We have had a known issue with discounts which haven't been always taking effect when intended, we're working hard to fix that at present. 

It certainly sounds like the call could have been handled a lot better so apologies for that too and I'll pass on some feedback. 

I can see from the account history that we've already taken action to correct this in time for the next bill: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189846686

Would you prefer the over-payment to be credited off the next bill or processed as a refund?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Knulp

Thanks Adam, I appreciate the prompt reply.

If you could process a refund for the overpayment as soon as possible then at least I know something is being done rather than waiting till next month and wondering if it really will be sorted.
Fingers crossed the issue will be resolved now. Still not sure why this couldn't have been sorted out over the phone though.
Many thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hopefully it will reassure you that I completely agree with you about that call, it should have been resolved in full there and then. 

I've just processed the refund and have updated your ticket here, the funds should reach you within the next 10 working days:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190112445

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Knulp

Many thanks indeed for all your help Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem! Please shout up if there's anything else I can help with. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team