Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet - TAG from old ISP still on line

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Joining Plusnet - TAG from old ISP still on line

Hi, I'm asking this on behalf of my mum who is trying to become a Plusnet user!
Mid Feb Pipex (TalkTalk) cancelled her service for no apparent reason, no option to get MAC as they said she'd cancelled and that was that. (She didn't cancel, they messed up) - so I suggested she go with Plusnet as I've been happy. She signed up with Plusnet but after several weeks it became clear that Pipex/TalkTalk would not remove the tag on her line so Plusnet can't process the order.
They kept promising they'd remove the tag in 24 hours time and after 3 or more of these promises it became clear TT can't be trusted at all. Last thing was their UK account dept said they can't now access her line to cancel/remove the tag.
My mum has kept Plusnet up to date with all the goings on but I had hoped Plusnet might be able to progress this tag issue but they say they can't - Googling suggests that a new ISP can however.
Any help would be appreciated as my poor mum has been offline since mid Feb due to utter incompetance, I mean TalkTalk.  Cheesy
her username is zipzap20
(mine is orbitalzone)
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Joining Plusnet - TAG from old ISP still on line

Welcome to the club
TT are a bunch of cowboys
orby
Rising Star

So true indeed......
stujbyron
Dabbler

Hi
you could contact Ofcom and inform them of what is happening they could contact talktalk for you, or you could ask Plus.net to install a new line and new number but that costs £49.99
Best of Luck
Stu
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Hopefully one of Plusnet's Digital Care Team will see this thread tomorrow and advise your mum on what Plusnet can do to progress her order. Presumably your mum has a usable phone number registered on her account?
Hope the present stalemate can be resolved quickly. Roll_eyes
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hopefully one of Plusnet's Digital Care Team will see this thread tomorrow and advise your mum on what Plusnet can do to progress her order

And here I am Smiley I'll pick this one up orby and will do my best at getting this cleared off for you. These things can take a few days to get sorted from experience but I'll  keep the pressure on at BT's end as they need to remove the tag now.
I'll come back to you when I have an update
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Right, that didn't take long, a member of our provisioning team has already picked this up and requested a cease yesterday morning, BT propose that this will complete on 8/4/11 so I'll come back to this on that date to double check.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orby
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Right, that didn't take long, a member of our provisioning team has already picked this up and requested a cease yesterday morning, BT propose that this will complete on 8/4/11 so I'll come back to this on that date to double check.
Adam

blimey!! thanks for that responses!
My mum did contact Ofcom I believe (sorry I didn't remember to mention that)
Let's hope that she finally be rid of Pipex/TalkTalk nonsense once and for all!
Many thanks for help so far!