cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Lewis Broadband Customer Service!

steeko
Dabbler

John Lewis Broadband Customer Service!

After leaving Plusnet I joined JL using the same username. It was a better deal than staying with Plusnet even though it's still Plusnet BB. After 12 months with JL I moved on. However, the final bill was vague, with no itemisation for my telephone calls and I asked for a breakdown of what I was actually being charged for. I am happy to pay the bill but I think it is reasonable to know what the bill is covering. Anyway, this proved to be a bit of a hurdle and took at least 6 weeks to get the answer. Shortly before receiving the itemised bill, I received a letter saying that the "debt" was being passed to a collection agency which I was unhappy about. I called JL and asked why they had done this and was promised that billing would call me about this...which they didn't do. Then I received an email with a full breakdown and explanation of the charges. I added my card details for payment as requested on the email. Next I receive a letter from the collection agency demanding payment (for the wrong amount) so phoned JL again and they took payment of the bill. My account with JL has now been closed, I have no access to my bills even though it tells me I can access them for 15 months after closure (this is a side point), and I am now being harassed by collection company (PDCS) about the debt which I do not owe. Not sure if this has ever been said but I am glad to be the EE part of BT.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: John Lewis Broadband Customer Service!

Unfortunately these forums are only for PN issues and JL aren't covered.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
steeko
Dabbler

Yes that's very true. However, since JL is provided by Plusnet I think it is appropriate to share this experience despite nothing being done about it. 

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@dvorak says this is not for these Forums but I did wonder if you had raised your issues directly with John Lewis the actual company rather than the re-branded bit of Plusnet that deals with their broadband?

steeko
Dabbler

No not yet but I think I will do that 🙂