cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on my phone

gambo123
Hooked

Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on my phone

Hi

Please can someone help me before I end up being carried out in a straight jacket?? I had an arrangement to pay my bill on the 25th this week.  For two days beforehand I tried to pay either on line or on the phone but there were technical issues due to the new billing sytem I was told and to keep trying, (two hours of my life wasted on the phone to be told that is no joke).  I had three chat line discussions, each time the adviser telling me not to worry it was not my fault.  On the 25th I was starting to panic as still couldn't get through to pay.  At 7.30pm on the 25th I gave it one last go.  Incidentally, I have a very poorly relatives,e in hospital so all this hassle is something I could do without right now.  Yayy.  I got through at 7.30pm.  The call centre operatator took my payment on my debit card and yes I thought that's the end of it.  Oh no.  The next morning I woke to a text message saying id gone over the agreed date and my account was disconnected and would also incur extra charges.  What??!!!  My bank confirmed my payment of £57.28 had gone through no worries.  Ok there.  I tried..... and tried …. and tried again to speak to an adviser, each time after 20 minutes on my breaks at work.  I had to wait until I got home.  40 minutes holding on when I got in... to get through to a lady who said there was no record of my payment even though the bnk had given me a number of the transaction and yes, it had gone through and collected by PlusNet.  I had to wait to get online the next morning, take a screen shot and sent it via 2 emails via Plusnets process getting of getting in touch and reporting problems.  2 days later my phone is still disconnected.  I wouldn't mind, I also had a text yesterday off PlusNet saying ive been overcharged on a previous bill and I would get it deducted off my next bill.  Surely this is tantamount to illegal?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ive just been on the phone AGAIN for 35 minutes, been assured by a nice chap he would get me reconnected straight away.  Guess what..... IM STILL DISCONNECTED. Fuming isn't the word.  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE.  All I want is to be able to use my services.  OUTRAGEOUS. ga123 u/n.

8 REPLIES 8
Deb1
Dabbler

Re: Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on my p

Im having similar problems said i would be reconnected yesterday at 2pm im still waiting
gambo123
Hooked

Re: Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on my p

I used to work for a competitor of theirs and am seriously considering changing to them.  Its unprintable how angry I feel right now, I was assured today he had the capacity to switch me back on.  Im still disconnected.  I have twice sent proof of payment, not one contact by PlusNet over several days despite them keep assuring me I would be contacted. PLUSNET NEEDS TO RESPOND WE ARE ALL FED UP TO THE HILT WITH THIS. Arghhhhhhhh

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @gambo123.

Sincere apologies for the payment difficulties you have described, I'm sorry it hasn't been the best experience for you.

I have sent you a response here.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks.

gambo123
Hooked

Further to the screen shot I sent to you yesterday, ive just gone into my bank account on line and got a bit more information for you, the screen shot says the payment was originated in Sheffield, please see enclosed.  I look forward to being reconnected and you responding to this matter by tomorrow, Mon lst October.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on m...

Hi @gambo123,

I can see my colleague has taken ownership of this for you and has included a ticket for you to look over. You can view it here.

gambo123
Hooked

Re: Ive paid my bill as instructed on the right day but two days later am still disconnected on m...

yes.  I am now pleased to say ive been reconnected.  Unfortunately the stress of not being able to phone a poorly relative  has taken its toll on him and myself.  Ive also been apologised to by PlusNet and my bill updated to show that yes indeed I had paid my bill.

Thank you.

gambo123
Hooked

Hello

Ive received several phone calls whilst at work so couldn't answer today and yesterday regarding me being reconnected due to you receiving my payment that hadn't shown up for some reason.   I cant call you back as I simply am not allowed to whilst at work, and it takes over half an hour to get through to PlusNet.  Ive just checked my bank account following Hollys instructions and the dd had already been cancelled;  the payment had gone through on my bank card.  The reference on the statement shows as PLUS3009430-5 cancelled on 10 Sept 2018 for £57.28.  The same amount was taken on my debit card and processed as normal.  I cant cancel the direct debit as its already been cancelled.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @gambo123,

I'm sincerely sorry for the issues you are experiencing and apologies for the frustration caused. I can see this is currently been handled by Holly for you, and as such there is a ticket confirming this information for you. You can view the ticket here.