cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ive been billed more than the agreed amount

Jase1982
Hooked

Ive been billed more than the agreed amount

Hi, I've been billed £39.18 this month but the monthly amount should be £26.99. Can someone please look into this for me as I can't locate an email address to contact you on.
10 REPLIES 10
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Ive been billed more than the agreed amount

Welcome Jase -- two possibilities. First, your contract has just expired, so your discount ends and you are charged the full rate. Like all ISPs I think PNet are supposed to advise you the contract is ending, maybe you missed this?

Second, you have just renewed your contract, but Pnet's magic accounts system has magicked away your discount -- this has happened to me for years, every time I have renewed.

Pnet staff will pick this up eventually but I've found the easiest way is to phone. The staff work hard, very often from home, but I've always found them helpful and pleasant.

Jase1982
Hooked

No I'm not at the end of a contract. Doesn't end until next year.

I would phone them but I don't have the time and they just need to bill me the agreed amount
Longliner
Seasoned Pro

Chances are that Pnet's awful accounts system has removed your discount mid-contract. Happened to me about four years ago. The staff will pick up your post but it will take a few days, as I said your best bet is to phone and tell them if you want it fixed -- if they don't know they can't fix!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Jase1982 

I've raised a support ticket on your account Here with some detail about this which I hope helps clarify things. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Jase1982 

There is another possiblity that explains an increased bill. Have you made any chargeable phone calls? There should be a full breakdown of charges on your bill which might explain things. If not, and it is a Plusnet error, then, as other posts say, you need Plusnet to pick this up and sort it.

Jase1982
Hooked

No, we don't use our landline...
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Jase1982  So have you looked at the ticket in Gandalf's link that should explain things?

Longliner
Seasoned Pro

@Jase1982  Yes, please let us know the result -- it may be useful to help someone else in the future. By the way, you probably can't view your bills or other admin using Firefox, many of us find we have to use Chrome or Edge.

Jase1982
Hooked

Internet not working

Hi, my bill was higher than usual this month so there wasn't enough funds in my bank to cover this months direct debit. I get paid on Friday, so can pay then. However, the mail I received advised I'd have 14 days before any restrictions to my service. Its been less than that, but my Internet has gone down.

Can someone please advise if you can temporarily reinstate it until Friday when I can make the latest payment?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Internet not working

Moderators Note

Topics from same OP merged. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'