cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's impossible to make payments online!

seething

It's impossible to make payments online!

There's no link to make a payment before the payment becomes overdue. Once overdue, the card payment is not accepted due to a problem in Plusnet's system (according to the message on screen). Restrictions are then placed on usage, including making my smart phone a dumb phone at home and rendering Plusnet's website almost inaccessible with time-outs occurring on most pages. I've never seen the online live chat facility working (no support staff available) and there's no way to email details of the problem. Calling the phone line requires staying on hold for half-an-hour at a time. I am by no means alone in this so I can't help wondering why Plusnet apparently has no interest in addressing these problems. What more can I do? I imagine that my broadband supply will be suspended in due course, leaving me high and dry.

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: It's impossible to make payments online!

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I've made a change to a setting on your account which should assist in you making a payment online.

Can you go to www.plus.net/pay letting us know how you get on?

You'll need to be logged into your account before clicking on that link.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
seething

Thanks for the response, but it still doesn't work. I just tried three times to pay and each time received the message: "There's currently a problem with our system, please try again.".It's been like this since Sunday morning. I need to get my life back.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

It may be advisable to check your bank account to make sure it hasn't been taken 3 times. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened
seething

Thanks for the advice. It had occurred ti me but no payments have gone through. Yet...

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @seething

Sorry to hear that this still isn't working - I can see from your account that one of my colleagues is due to call you today to take payment. I've just confirmed that this is still the case, so please expect a call today to get this resolved.

Best wishes

Dave

chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Just about to leave for the airport and text comes in "we have not received....." - following hassle at New Year this should all have been sorted - still the same card.  Guess what - I'm trying to log-in to pay and firefox "is having trouble finding that site" - so I guess I;ve been cut off because bill unpaid (not my fault) and I have a fraught half hour to try contacting someone or I'm abroad without connection not amused - gotta go - look for phone numbers =- hang on a line =- andswer needless questions. Take pills take pills take pills.

chips
Grafter

No access to plus.net/pay      tried texting - "network out of order"  - intolerable.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

chips
Grafter

we no longer take payment over the phone please go to - which i cannot - there is a waiting time of 10 minutes - our customer advisors are working hard....   i'll just get them to hold the plane then that shd be ok.   

chips
Grafter

10 minutes of tinny music and we're sorry for making you wait - phone rings once - silence - call ends.   Customer service ????   No not by a loooooong way    so what do I do now  ? 

chips
Grafter

I'll be in Poland but you won't be able to contact me  - thanks for absolutely nothing.  last chance in real time - is there a number i can ring which will answer and sort this out - five minutes

chips
Grafter

I'm not fond of pat cliches but "not fit for purpose" covers it.  Customer service not there.  Billing problem at the heart of this not caused by me - paid unexpected backlog at new year and re-organized payment - card has not changed.  Twenty years with plus.net - was a great provider - was

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chips,

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry that you struggled to get through to my colleagues and that you're experiencing billing issues on your account.

I've removed the restrictions on your account - just give us a call when you're back in the country to make the payment, you have a 14 day grace period from the date of your invoice anyway. To confirm, you can contact my colleagues in the Customer Services team on 0800 328 4620 and they will be able to process a manual payment.

Best wishes

Dave

seething

After 5 days of frustration and too many hours lost, I am pleased to report that a temporary fix has been executed thanks to the team that toils at the coalface in customer support, to whom I am grateful. The word "temporary" is important however; I have been advised that the only way to guarantee the avoidance of monthly difficulties in settling bills is to give Plusnet a direct debit mandate,something that I am unwilling to do. While engineers are apparently working on a solution to the online payment problem, I can't help suspecting that this has been a deliberate strategy of Plusnet to force customers into DD arrangments. Ain't going to happen here. Good luck all and thanks to Ann-Marie and Jo.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing and thanks for the feedback. 

I can see Jo plans to follow up tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet