cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's goodbye from me..... ......

dcdick
Hooked

It's goodbye from me..... ......

I initially tried to sign up for ADSL (2) but was refused/blocked/not allowed .............................. looked again at the pricing structure & found I was saving very little by going down from BT Infinity to ADSL so...........................

Thought I would go with Fibre Extra which is the PN version of my current suppliers & save some money over what I'm contracted to now

Surprised to find that nearest I could get was only around £1.00 per month less than my current rate (including impending price rise)

I would also lose out on the landline extra's (caller protect for example)

The call center staff I spoke to wouldn't budge on the advertised price structure & in one case resorted to listing all the wonderful customer service rewards they had won

I can't see anything to be gained by moving over to PN  (or Talk Talk ) so I'll just hang around until the next price rise & see what happens then

Cheers

Dick.

2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: It's goodbye from me..... ......

If you don't use the phone a lot you could save money by switching your phone to someone like Pulse8 (line rental £13 per month and cheap call rates).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: It's goodbye from me..... ......

Hi there @dcdick I'm really sorry to hear you weren't happy with our current deals.

We do change our offers from time to time so I'd advise to keep an eye out on them at www.plus.net and I hope you choose to join us in the future.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button