Did you mean: 

It's Chico Time!

FIXED
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: It's Chico Time!

@Townman  did you not read this ? from First link

"Unfortunately Plusnet has now gained somewhat of a reputation for billing errors, many of which followed last September’s troubled effort to migrate their old billing system to a “brand-new” platform (here). Suffice to say that they’ve suffered from a slew of problems since then and the ISP is now comically close to becoming an internet meme for such issues."

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

And that helps how?  Is it constructive?  Does it lead to solutions?

I think that most people already know this. Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

BUMP

May I remind Plusnet, I'm within the 14 day grace period, I have until the 22nd June to pay

This has gone beyond a joke now, you think I want to sit here, whilst I see staff members replying to 'cashback' posts.

SORT IT

Moderators Note: Removed avoidance of swear filter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You really aren't helping your case here @Menace65 as frustrating as it is, but unlike your PN service manners cost nothing.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

You could say the same about the staff, they could learn some manners, and help thier customers. I can imagine that plusnet is stright out of 'The office' and the manager is just like David Brent.

All they have to do is press a button.

it's nearly three days without full internet, but hey I will still have to pay for the lost time. I pay £44.99 a month and I'm unemployed. yes I have stress.

Is that right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I'm not privy to the conversation(s) you have had with staff @Menace65 I can't really comment on your individual case, but when I have dealt with them I have always found them to be courteous. I've never watched 'The Office' so I'll take your word for it.

If the resolution to your issue is as simple as a button press then I think that has already been done by @Satss. If as, is implied, by your recent post this doesn't appear to have resolved the issue for you can I suggest that your turn off the router leaving it for about 1 minute, and clear your browser cache and cookies for Plusnet.

Once this is done I'm sure you'll be restored to normal service.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the advice, but it's still the same, when I try and connect to bbc.co.uk it's trys to redirects to  failed.billing. [page times out]

I have the same IP address for the last two days, I have my browser set to not remember any history, so it clears the cache on exit, even tried ipconfig /flushdns but to no avil.

Thanks for your time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you do based on the comment above but do you have a static IP @Menace65, i.e. have you paid the £5 fee for one?

If you don't can I suggest you try a longer time out on the router. Physically turn off its power and leave it, get yourself a brew, you sound like a coffee drinker to me, and after the coffee’s made turn on your router again. But the longer you leave it the better chance there is that some one will be given your address.

When you restore power and you’re on a dynamic IP, someone else may have your IP which will do you no harm at all. If this fails or you’re on a static IP then all I can suggest is that you head over to chat or call in to support. You’ll then be able to tell them what you have done and pass the ball over to them.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

@Anonymous 

Can't stand coffee

I didn't have to do all this the last few times I've been restricted, I'll just wait, they owe me three days compensation already.

All the best

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK lets see if we can take some heat out of this and clarify the problem.

1. You have a credit card payment arrangement in place which you have no reason to suspect might fail processing
  2. You are now two days after the bill was generated
  3. When you attempt to browse the internet you get a "Your payment is due reminder (splash screen)
  4. When you click on the "let me continue button" nothing happens
  5. You are therefore not able to log into the user portal

Following @Anonymous 's suggestion, I would suggest that you find out what your current IP address is, switch off your router for 70 minutes,  When switch it on again, verify that the address is different.

Some while ago there were issues with people getting an IP address which had previously been associated with someone in failed payment.  I believe though that issue had been fixed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

1) I have a debit card setup for payment, it failed payment due to lack of funds

2) Yes

3) No, the only place I can connect to on plusnet is the forums [the splash screen was from when I use my mobile phone]

4) there is no click to continue, because I can't access my account [only from my mobile phone, and it won't let me access any settings]

5) Yes

I know what my current IP address is, it's been the same one for the last three days. and No I don't have a static IP, well I didn't pay for one.

I've reset the hub on numerous occasions over the weekend, and the IP address is still the same.

As said above, I've not had to go through all this before, they pressed a button, and my RSS feeds would work, without clearing any cache or restarting anything.

All the best

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

I just did a Factory reset, and the IP address is the same 31.x.x.x

Time to say goodbye to this incompetent company.

Goodbye

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Time to say goodbye to this incompetent company.

I have a debit card setup for payment, it failed payment due to lack of funds

May be you need to take a step back here and breath?

Is it PlusNet's fault that the payment failed?  You have been bad tempered here, demanding attention, rather than saying "I have a problem, can you please help me?".  You've even sought to suggest that you are entitled to compensationwhilst not recognising that this situation only arose because you were not able to pay your bill on time.  As @Anonymous mentioned, manners cost nothing.

Payment by card is actioned immediately on the DUE DATE - the day the bill is raised.  If there were not sufficient funds then the account will have immediately fallen into failed billing.  The 14 days is not a 'grace' period to defer payment as long as you can, it is rather time to allow you to sort things out before you get completely cut off and debt recovery starts.  You hint at a history of missing the payment dates - I wonder if that has any bearing on the immediate (and apparently total) lock down of your account?

If you connect to the user portal from a device connected to your network (I do not recommend using a phone because that present is different interface) you should get a splash screen advising that payment is due on your account.  That screen has an option to acknowledge that payment is due and to continue browsing.  If I recall correctly, if still not paid, you will see the same screen on day 1, 5, 10 and 14 after failed payment.

Shutting the router off for over an hour should give you a different IP address - the X.Y.0.0 do not matter, but the last two numbers do - that would rule out the historic known problem with the incorrect application of restrictions (but I do not think that actually applies here).

@Gandalf  - are you able to add anything here please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @Menace65 

Upon further investigation the restrictions are still applied. Unfortunately we've tried to remove this from your account but it's not working on this occasion so I've raised a task with our network engineers to sort this out on the back-end.

These type of tasks bear a lead time of up to 3 working days but are normally picked up a lot quicker.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Townman  Your original reply , you said it was only referring to Mobile contracts , which obviously its not .

I have not posted to cause arguments i was informing people of the fact it is a LONG running problem and if a new customer posted with the same problem , how would they know without someone telling them the information ? 

And going by the few reply, s on ISP review only a hand full of customers have read it .