cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with switching away from Plusnet

brent78

Issues with switching away from Plusnet

I'm having a bit of an issue having recently switched my ISP to another company from Plusnet. My online account still reads as if the broadband part of it is still active (with an upcoming bill for it due 02/10/18, despite having switched on 24/08/18 and making what I thought would be my final bill early Sept), with only the phone service having been removed. I was under the impression that when switching ISP I wouldn't have to get in touch with anybody and that everything would be taken care of automatically but despite my new broadband account elsewhere having been active/live since August (and the Plusnet router/broadband service no longer being active at my end), it just feels like I've been left in some kinda Plusnet limbo, with no communication from Plusnet whatsoever. I just want my Plusnet account to be cancelled now so I can stop worrying about getting any further bills. However, it seems nigh on impossible to get in touch with anyone to get it sorted, can anyone help on here?

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Issues with switching away from Plusnet

Hi there.

Sorry to hear your account is still open following your services leaving us.

I've processed the cancellation now which should happen within 24 hours. I've also raised a ticket with our billing guys to work out a refund to cover the time you've paid for a service you haven't had if applicable.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet