cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with payment.

tbulford
Dabbler

Issues with payment.

I cancelled my direct debit a few days before my bill was due to avoid paying a ludicrous bank charge as I knew I wouldn't have enough funds in my current account. I logged onto the Member Centre of my Plusnet account and added my credit card as a method of payment. I could not find any option to cancel the direct debit, and since then rather than Plusnet taking the amount I owe from my credit card balance, the direct debit I have instructed my bank not to honour is still "pending". I'd like to pay the amount I owe with my credit card. I'll reinstate the direct debit for next month's payment.
Why is there no option to choose primary payment methods?

p.s. If any Plusnet staff are around: my account username is the same as the name I've registered to post on this forum. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Issues with payment.

Hi tbulford,
The payment has now been taken from your card (as you will probably have noticed) but the primary payment method will always be direct debit. As you have registered a card on your account this will now stay on, unless you request it to be removed and any further issues with direct debit would result in your card being used as the secondary payment method.
Jojo Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

The payment details on the portal is confusing (certainly for me) since, on my account, the primary payment details shows my credit card and right down at the bottom is the direct debit, yet I always pay by direct debit.
tbulford
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Jojo. I had a call from a polite member of staff asking for money, so I was able to have her take the money from my card.