cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with account after moving house

SUB_W

Issues with account after moving house

I notified Plusnet about transferring our broadband and landline number to our new home with 14 days notice, we also upgraded our broadband package to Unlimited Fibre Extra (the previous occupant had the line through BT, although of course had a different number).  Everything worked great, received emails to say phone service was ready to use and broadband proudct change complete. Telephone line and broadband were working as anticipated.

But then I started receiving further emails, components still showing as unconfigured, move has caused billing compenents of the account to break. 

Our account online just shows 'Order in progress', so you can't make any changes or add features.

After several calls, I'm told that they only need to create a new user but then I can't keep the number.  Or they can try to create a new user and it might or might not keep the number.  Or I can stay as I am, can't make any changes and at some point it might just stop working in the future.  Oh, and I might not be charged the right amount either.

I'm at a loss of what to do next.  We've had the landline number for nearly 20 years, which is why I wanted to keep it and requested to transfer the number.  Is there anyway to fix the account and keep our number?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Issues with account after moving house

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @SUB_W

I'm really sorry for the issues with your account after moving home.

I've had a look into this for you and I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to fix this without causing a bigger system issue.

I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to create a new account and if you can let me know once you've done so, I can keep an eye on the migration as well as renumber your line back afterwards. 

I can alternatively arrange for someone to call you back if it's easier, feel free to private message me a good number we can reach you on and when you'd be available for a call. Smiley

Let me know your thoughts? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @SUB_W,

I thought I'd just drop you another reply as I haven't heard back from you yet. I can imagine you'd be busy having just moved house so not to worry. If you'd like my help to create a new account and retain your landline number, feel free to get back to me by replying to the ticket online from Here or let me know on this post.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SUB_W

Hi @Gandalf 

Thanks for giving me a little hope.  I've replied to you through the online ticket link posted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've just emailed our Customer Options Team to arrange the call now. I've asked if they can call you today. It may not be possible but I'll keep an eye on this for you and let you know when they get back to me. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet