cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Account and Billing after house move

mode101uk
Dabbler

Issues with Account and Billing after house move

I have been a customer of PlusNet since May 2016 and in Nov 2018 I moved address and decided to stay with PlusNet on a new 24 months contract. How I wish I had hindsight!!…..

I informed PlusNet on the 5th Nov that I was changing address from the 26th Nov....everything was set up and the service did change over on the 26th Nov...so far so good.

I noticed recently that my address and telephone number on my account was still the old details and that the number that broadband is provided on was still my old number. I also had not received any bills as of the 7th Jan (the 7th being the usual date of bill generation).

I spent 45mins on live chat with an agent yesterday and was told address was updated and that a ticket would be raised to the bill department. Was told this should have updated automatically but for some reason had not and for the telephone numbers the agent said they couldn't update it I had to call the call centre. After live chat finished checked and address HAD NOT been updated. 

Called the call centre and explained what I was calling about and was passed to the Update Department. Spoke to agent in the Update Department and they tried to update address as they had it in their address finder but system wouldn't let them but they would try it another way and email me when it was done and they would update the telephone numbers as well. Mentioned the bills and was told would need to pass me to that department but by this time I had lost the will to live and the live chat agent had raised a ticket.

Today I have checked account....

1. The address is ok

2. Landline Number and Number Broadband is provided on has been updated

but

3. Now when I go into my Home Phone Control Panel on my account I get this:

'Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you. '

4. Still nothing about bills....I have noticed that a bill is now showing for 7/01/19 ...addressed to my old address not new one and saying I have a credit of £14.00....now if PlusNet are happy to provide the service for free I won't argue but I won't be happy if next month I get billed extra!!

5. I still have 3 open questions...one from the 5th Nov! and nothing seems to be getting updated so that they can be closed and in one of the questions an agent escalated it back to me...for what reason I do not know....what am I meant to do I don't have access to your systems.

At present I am doing this while I am away from home on business and I really hope with all the incompetence so far that nothing has been done to affect my service and everything is working as it was before I left.

So I would love someone to check my open questions on my account and sort this out because at the moment I cannot wait for Nov 2020 to leave.

Regards

mode

21 REPLIES 21
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Issues with Account and Billing after house move

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I've passed this to the relevant team to investigate and I'll update you when I know more.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mode101uk
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew

I have also notice today that my account it is now saying: 

My Products

• Line Rental
  • Unlimited Fibre   

And MY CONTRACT: Service Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone)

and a service notice:

Service Notification
3:30pm, Monday 7 Jan 2019

User account type changed from Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone)!!

I hope this is not going to affect my landline and broadband?

I hope my other issues i.e. the home phone control panel and the bills are rectified asap and would be grateful if you can keep me updated.

Thanks again

Mode

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

From reviewing your account it appears this is due to our billing team trying to fix the issue.

I'm looking into this further and I'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mode101uk
Dabbler

Thanks again Matthew

Having looked at my account online everything is now looking more like it should. I will not be back home until middle of next week and will check then that landline and broadband are ok.

For the bills I will await an update from yourself or billing department regarding these.

Regards

Mode

mode101uk
Dabbler

I really am going off Plusnet pretty quickly...broadband and telephone working fine so no issues there but again no bill on 7th Feb...as I said if Plusnet want to give me the service for free I won't complain but what I won't accept is further down the line I get a huge backdated bill that you want in one go even though I have been flagging up this issue since I moved address with you...Will someone please get this sorted and get back to me...sick of it now!

Mode
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear this.

We've passed this to the correct team to investigate and we'll update you as soon as we know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mode101uk
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew

However this should have been corrected when I flagged it last month....and why has a ticket not been created on my account as it usually is?? Has this been passed to the relevant department? And how long is it going to take them?

Mode
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

For some reason it looks like the ticket I created earlier didn't go through.

I've just done it again and it appears to have this time.

With regards to timescales I can't say for certain but as soon as I know more I'll update the ticket on your account

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mode101uk
Dabbler

It is now nearly a week since I raised this issue regarding a billing issue where my bills are not getting generated ( even now says on my account next bill will be generated on the 7th Feb and we are on the 17th)…..there is a ticket already raised but nothing seems to be happening.....did the ticket go through to relevant dept?

how long is this going to take …. very poor service from PlusNet!

Can someone just confirm that this is being looked into...…….

Mode

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @mode101uk

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue, my colleague raised this to our Billing department on 11/02/19. I have updated you on their response here

Kind Regards,

mode101uk
Dabbler

The saga continues of no bills due to queued issues.....my ticket has been on hold for a week then off hold...then back on hold for a week...it came off hold this morning again a 7am and nothing updated on it....???.....can anyone from Plusnet let me know what's happening thanks
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @mode101uk,

I'm afraid there is nothing further to update you on just yet. We'll update via the ticket thread once we have more news.

Thank you.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Mads  Customers must be due a Update this has been going on since September last year Sad a good 6 months

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

HI @smiffy1, I am really sorry for the length of time the issues have been ongoing, I'm afraid there isn't anything more we can advise at the moment.

Once we do know more we will be sure to update those affected.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team