cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

BRABUS
Grafter

Is this normal?

Is it normal to get a txt message from PlusNet asking for feedback on my recent contact with them when I haven contacted them for months?
I am on the phone asking the same question but the gentle man I am speaking to has a very strong accent and I can't really understand what he is saying.
9 REPLIES 9
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Is this normal?

Wow that is the first time I have ever hung up on a call centre person in my life (I used to do this work so I have sympathy) but he just would not listen and kept repeating the same thing in appalling broken English.
Empirical
Grafter

You'll probably get another one now.  Cheesy
BRABUS
Grafter

Hahaha at least I will know why I have had it.    Think it wouldn't be wise to respond to that one though  Angry
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BRABUS,
Sorry if your conversation with my colleague has caused any further confusion.
I've had a look into this and will give you a call shortly to discuss further.
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks for the call Linn I now fully understand but I bet your head hurts after talking to me LOL.
daro2096
Grafter

When these people call how do you know it is Plusnet and not someone pretending to be from plusnet phishing for your information?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daro2096,
We go through security questions with the customer to pass data protection to not only protect account specific information of the customer but also to let them know that we are who we say we are. If it was someone pretending to be us then they shouldn't have the security information.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How does that work as I have never had any security questions when Plusnet have called
This included when I was called to be offered a special deal some time ago (like nearly a year)
If I was called by someone claiming to be from Plusnet what questions should I ask to verify who was calling
Having said all that non of the callers asked for any confidential information as the calls tended to be on the lines of - Are you happy with the fault being sorted or to clarify a point in a ticket
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If we're discussing sensitive data then we should be checking these details with you on the call Jim.
If you're confident that the person calling you is genuinely from Plusnet then there shouldn't be the need to worry.
If I was called by someone claiming to be from Plusnet what questions should I ask to verify who was calling

If you believe that you require verification from the person calling then you can ask them to raise a question on your account to verify that they are Plusnet staff and ask that they either call you back or that you'll update the ticket.
daro2096, if you've any reason for concern that someone may have called you pretending to be from Plusnet then please let me know and I can look into that for you.