Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this another billing mistake?

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is this another billing mistake?

I did notice that a payment of £6.05 was taken off my account.  Huh
That is on top of the £29.99 taken on 04/08/2010. (£86.99 was overcharged and had a refund of £57).
What makes me think it's a mistake is that it states that the payment of £6.05 is for the billing for 2010-08-10 to 2010-09-10, for change of account from Plus.net Connect Lite User to PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 1 (Monthly Contract), on which I was moved temporarily as I am scheduled to change to broadband value on22/08/2010, with the 3 months free kicking in as well from then.
The date of the billing correspond with the start of my broadband connection, and I would understand if I was charged for the broadband connection I will get from the 10th to the 22nd, under BYW. But the end date of the billing doesn't correspond with the start of broadband value which should start on the 22nd. It indicates that that payment is for up to 10-09-2010.
Furthermore, in my payment details, my next payment of £10.99 (that's definitively wrong) seems to be scheduled  on the 10/09/2010.
Maybe everything will be changed after I move to Value on 22/08/2010, but still I want to know what I paid for so far and up to when exactly, as it's getting confusing again  Smiley
Can someone look into this, please?
6 REPLIES 6
angelox99

Re: Is this another billing mistake?

Oh dear Lolaan, that just confused the heck out of me, to be honest their never seems to be any consistency with the way Plusnet bill you.......Read my copy and past below...and also news in other forums...seems to be a habit with Plusnet really.. Hope you get it sorted with them, and remember, do not lose your temp and shout at them as some staff think you are using abusive language..
It appears that billing is something plus net have quite an issue with, I was billed twice on this months payment of £39.67, after phone call after phone call between my bank trying to find out what payments had gone out of my account, and Plusnet customer service then telling me they only had one payment showing on their system. Anyway, this made me very angry as i am currently unemployed and use the net service for my job searching, but also pay my bill out of my jobseekers allowance...for them to take the two payments out, meant as yet i have not been able to use the money for what it is meant for ie: food, electric, etc etc and instead have been broke since Wednesday when they took the payment. to top all this off i wont get paid again for another week and a half, and when i e-mailed my statement to them, i was informed that it was a ''system error'' and that a refund will be issued, ''but please allow 7 to 10 days for it to reach your account'' thank you very much Plusnet for a useless service.
It seems to you can take payments from debit/credit cards in an instant yet takes 7-10 days to refund through someones account!. also all please feel free to read what i typed to them in the ''my questions'' section where one of their customer service advisors said i used ''abusive language'' in fact i just shouted at her cos she was useless and i was angry which is understandable, and she also quotes that i ''degraded Plusnet'' what did she want me to do... Pat Plusnet on the back for double billing me...
Sorry for the rant all..
But i have posted what was said below...discusting service.
Question topic: Your Question | ID: 34656904 Open
[removed] CSC Analyst 7:11pm, Wednesday 11th August 2010
***Internal***
Customer called as he was advised that an amount for £39.67 was taken twice and requested to speak to a manager.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[removed] CSC Analyst 7:37pm, Wednesday 11th August 2010
[internal]
I have contacted the customer regarding his billing problem.
I have apologized to the customer for the double billing as it seems to have been a system error.
I have explained to the customer that he has an outstanding invoice of £20.95 which was due in June 2010. I advised the customer that due to that invoice being outstanding, I can only issue him with a refund of £18.72, which will make his billing all up to date.
Advised the customer that once the refund is issued it will reflect within 3 working days back into his account.
The customer advised that he wishes to speak to my manager as he does not believe that he has any outstanding invoices. The customer advised that he is now wanting to cancel his services.
The customer then used abusive language and degraded Plusnet.
I have explained to the customer that we can arrange a call back from a manager however my manager will advise him of the same details which I have.
The customer then said he will wait for a call back from my manager and then cancel his contract with us.
I did not confirm a time frame for the call back however advised the customer that he should receive a callback tomorrow.
Kind regards,
[removed]

Question topic: Your Question | ID: 34656771 Open
[removed]  CSC Analyst 6:59pm, Wednesday 11th August 2010
Dear Mr leigh,
Further to our conversation regarding a double payment on invoice no: 21698565 please send in a statement showing the two payments that have been taken and we can issue a refund to you. You can do this this by scanning in the statement and attaching it to this ticket or you can send it in to the address detailed below:
Plusnet, Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this ticket or by calling our Customer Support Team on 0845 140 0200.
Kind regards,
[removed] [Notification sent to:<snip>]
Your comment 10:50am, Friday 13th August 2010
Uploaded file attachment.
Name: Screenshot of bank statement.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Download Attachment
Your comment 10:50am, Friday 13th August 2010
Please find attached screenshot of bank statement, showing the two payments taken 12/08

[removed]  CSC Analyst 1:51pm, Friday 13th August 2010
Dear Mr Leigh,
Thank you for getting back to us.
I have no processed your refund please allow 7-10 working days for the refund to process.
Thank you for your patience and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
[removed]

Has your Question been answered?
If you're happy that your Question has been dealt with fully, please 'CLOSE THIS Question' using the button below.
If you need to give us more details, or you need us to provide further information, 'REPLY TO THE SUPPORT TEAM' and let us know.
Please note: You have 14 days to select an option. If you don't choose one within this time, your Question will automatically close.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
jim:green Personal email address removed mod:end
Lolaan
Rising Star

angelox99, I am so sorry for you, I understand how, in your situation, it could make you lose your temper and start being abusive, but I think it's just the billing system which don't seem to be as it should be  and they are trying to do the best they can with what they've got.
My case is a bit complicated as I am coming  from a very old Plusnet  dialup package which I got 8 years ago, there is no possibility to get a straight upgrade, so they must find a way around. And that seems to create havoc with the billing. I am hoping that once I am on Plusnet Value and the billing for it become regular, they won't be anymore problems. In the meantime, I just need to keep an eye on things.
I have recommended Plusnet to a work collegue 6 weeks ago, (didn't do a referral, I forgot about it) 7 days after they applied to the extra package  they were connected and had no problems since. Isn't that mad?
angelox99, I hope you will find a job very soon.
Good Luck.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can get your friend to tell PlusNet that you recommended them, that does work
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Lolaan
This is all the knock-on effect of moving from dial up to broadband - our billing system has no way of figuring out that there's an overlap so we have to sort it manually. I don't want to start messing with the billing when we know we have an account change scheduled to just let us know when you've changed over to Value - if the billing's not right by then, we can look into it and sort it manually.
As pierre_pierre says, we can add a referral on afterwards - up to 3 months after an account is created. Just ask your friend to raise a ticket stating that you're their referrer and we'll add this on.
@angelox99
I'm sorry about the problem with your billing, this was a simple case of human error where one of my colleagues clicked on the 'take payment' link twice. This should have been spotted much earlier so I have sent feedback to all of the agents' managers who made mistakes here.
I know that this won't make up for the time that you've spent trying to get this issue sorted out and there's still a request to speak to our Management Team open, I'll flag this to them.
Lolaan
Rising Star

This is all the knock-on effect of moving from dial up to broadband - our billing system has no way of figuring out that there's an overlap so we have to sort it manuallyI don't want to start messing with the billing when we know we have an account change scheduled to just let us know when you've changed over to Value - if the billing's not right by then, we can look into it and sort it manually.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't know whether to wait until the 22nd or to raise the problem before that. So I thought I'd mention it before.
I will wait until the 22nd, then when I move to Value it will hopefully be a bit more clear. I still will want to know what that payment  of £6.05 was for.
I will wait as well to be on Value before having  the referral added on, as that might make things even more complicated.
My friend signed up about 6 weeks ago, so it'll still be within time.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The £6.05 was a pro-rata fee for the broadband subscription.
We can add the referral at any time, that won't cause any complications Smiley