cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is monthly payment in advance or arrears?

mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Is monthly payment in advance or arrears?

As per subject, I thought fibre/standing charge payments were monthly in advance but may be wrong?

I ask because in round figures I was (am) paying £35pm, but after a phone call to Plusnet mid January I agreed to a new 12 month contact at a reduced monthly amount. That contract begins today 13/2/19. I had a bill notification today for the normal £35 amount.

I was expecting it to be in advance and for the new reduced amount but perhaps it's paid in arrears and I won't see the reduction until next month?

Any enlightenment appreciated Smiley

--

John

PS: I have checked my account online and looked at some bills, but they don't seem to have a billing period dates, just the date issued. 

2 REPLIES 2
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Is monthly payment in advance or arrears?

Hi @mrtullyhubbert, thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise for the issues you've had with your most recent invoice, I can confirm that monthly payments are charged in advance rather than arrears so your new agreed discounted price should have certainly come into effect. I've looked into this for you and can see it looks like you've been charged standard pricing this month instead of the discounted amount. Further information can be found here

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
mrtullyhubbert
Grafter

Re: Is monthly payment in advance or arrears?

Thanks for the update Alice and the email explaining what will happen next in more detail.

Regards

--
John