cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Line Rental Saver payment by card only?

peter10
Grafter

Is Line Rental Saver payment by card only?

Just paid annual line rental saver and it's increased by £48. An almost 35 % rise. I was lucky in the past in that I could pay it just before the price rise but not this year and been hit with two years worth of rises.
However I could not find a way to pay by direct debit and had to use a credit card. Is there any way I could have added it my next month's direct debit or is a card the only way to pay? I ask as my current account gives 3% cash back on my home phone and broadband packages direct debit payments.
4 REPLIES
newagetraveller
Aspiring Pro

Re: Is Line Rental Saver payment by card only?

I've had a search of the PN website and can't find any reference to payment methods for LRS.
Possibly you could take a punt and try "chat" to ask the question? Smiley
Edit to add, my LRS expires on 31 Dec. and I've just gone through a "dummy" renewal. In spite of this
"Please note that Direct Debit payments take 5-7 working days to progress.
If your payment isn't received within 14 days of your billing date, your browsing will be restricted and you'll be charged a fixed fee of £5.76. Pay by card today for a faster payment."
The only option available was to pay using an existing credit/debit card or add a new card. There was no Direct Debit option in spite of the quoted text above which seems to only refer to browsing and not telephone service.
Three mobile, 1,2,3, PAYG. https://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pay_As_You_Go
Fixes: 247

afaik it's card payment only.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

peter10
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
Like Newagetraveller I saw "Please note that Direct Debit payments take 5-7 working days to progress " and hoped that they had changed from last year but obviously not. £5.50 cash back would have been welcome as to quote an advert "Every little helps". The first time that I took out line rental saver in Dec 2011 it was added to my bill but haven't  been able to do that since.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 184

Unfortunately LRS payments are card only.
Apologies for any confusion caused by the notice regarding the time scale for direct debit payments, I believe this just comes up because you are sent to a payment screen.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team