cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Worth It

jorvikmik
Grafter

Is It Worth It

I have pointed a good number of folk to Plusnet in the past but had only put one through as a referal until recently when I told a neighbour she would find it far easier and faster to get online with Plusnet than BT who were under the impression that her line wasn't suitable. As she is a computer novice I set her up on dial-up and then set it in motion to upgarde to broadband. She wasn't told when signing up that she would find it quicker using a  credit card for the initial payments whilst the d/debit was being set up but thought that that the d/debit would be set up within a few days.

I have never known it take so long to set up a direct debit and I am now feeling distinctly embarrased about the referal especially as she is now telling me that BT have phoned to say that they now realize that they were wrong about her line and are now offering her extras as compensation if she will go with them.
Next time I am asked about broadband I am keeping my mouth shut.
Mick
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Is It Worth It

Hi Mick,
In fairness, it's something that's missable, but on the payments option page (attached) it does state that using Direct Debit only can delay your order.
I'm sorry that you weren't aware of this and hope that it doesn't put you off in the future.
scootie
Grafter

out of intrest what extra's did bt broadband offrer for there mis guided advice from the  very start.
also there cheapest option 1 package now is next to useless for iplayer as they now see it fit to rate limit that to the lowest qauilty feed
jorvikmik
Grafter

The offer was for a copy of windows but I don't know which version. Seemed to be an unusual offer. They were going to have the full Monty with silver something or other but I am not sure what as I bin everything from BT
Within an hour of this posting we have an email to say that the account is now active and is live having passed through all the stages very rapidly.
The only problem is I am sure it will not be working as BT have to send an engineer out to us to fit a card in the local exchange. It's only a 10 minute job but he normally contacts me to give him a lift as there is no public transport on the island and I am only 200 metres from the local exchange link.
I did speak to him a  week back and he hadn't had an order at that time but said due to the setup within BT the wholesale team sometimes cancelled orders as they mistakenly thought it couldn't work.
There are currently 6 on the exchange and we get between 6 & 7.3MB on average. I normally get 6.4Mb
Just in case they sent a different engineer to the usual one I'll take a spare modem up and plug it in this afternoon but I am extremely sceptical.
Mick
jorvikmik
Grafter

No it doesn't work but Plusnet phoned whilst I was there to tell the customer it should now be working. The customer put him on to me but unfortunately whilst the chap was checking with another member of staff regarding us being on a microwave link we were cut off.
At least it is now only a matter of getting BT wholesale to issue the order to fit a local card providing Plusnet doesn't let the order drop.
Mick