cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing

ArthurDent
Grafter

Invoicing

Hmmm. I've benefited from a decent deal with PN for the past year, which is now (sob, sob) coming to an end. Being a Dickensian-type Scrooge, I do check the monthly invoice carefully, and was close to a myocardial infarction when I looked at the latest..  Not necessary to go into detail here, but I do feel that it's now way overdue for PN to sort out its invoicing. Just as a forinstance:
My 12mths Line Rental In Advance has come to an end. I knew that, but deliberately haven't renewed on that basis - partly because it doesn't seem as desirable as before and partly because my 18mths with PN has a couple of months to run. Therefore I didn't want to be committed. It means I have the option to look around at the market..
But Why-Oh-Why (sorry about that) does the invoice state Talk Anytime Charge as £16.99. It ain't. That's Line Rental. Meanwhile, there's £6 described as Call Plan Charge. My understanding is that It's actually the Talk Anytime Charge.
The term 'dog's breakfast ' must come to mind.   
10 REPLIES 10
Kevin
Rising Star

Re: Invoicing

Spooky! I'm in exactly the same situation as you, and went through the same thought process yesterday! Had to check some old bills to make sure it wasn't me getting it wrong.  Grin
Think I have 4 or 5 months to go before my 18 months ends, so plenty of time to consider options.
Lovely phrase and have used it myself, but what *is* a "dogs breakfast"?
Kevin.
ArthurDent
Grafter

Quote from: Kevin

Lovely phrase and have used it myself, but what *is* a "dogs breakfast"?

Kevin, you just don't want to know - especially if you've just eaten.
Kevin
Rising Star

Shocked Lips_are_sealed
Kevin.
ArthurDent
Grafter

So I go into Account Summary, and find that it too thinks I pay £16.99 for Talk Anytime. No, it's my charitable contribution to BT via PN.
The reason I logged in was to confirm the precise date when my present 18mth contract expires. Well it does give me a lot of historical stuff, going back a couple of years, including some twaddle about a Netgear router I've never had. But does it clarify my exact current commitment? Of course not.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the line rental and call plan on your invoices. This is a known issue with our current system that is actually quite difficult to correct, however we are in the process of redesigning our billing & account system that should resolve the matter in the future.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: ArthurDent
So I go into Account Summary, and find ...
Well it does give me a lot of historical stuff, going back a couple of years, including some twaddle about a Netgear router I've never had.

When you went onto fibre I assume a TG582n router configured for fibre was supplied. On Plusnet's ordering system that was known as a "Netgear" router to distinguish it from the TG582n not configured for fibre. That is likely to be the Netgear referred to in your account summary.
David
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: ArthurDent
Well it does give me a lot of historical stuff, going back a couple of years, including some twaddle about a Netgear router I've never had.

... I've got a charge on mine showing for Sept 2008 - for a BT Voyager router,shown in staus of "Delivery" ,which I never received because PN didn't have any left to despatch !! Grin
Welshdragon
Rising Star

@Anoush wrote:
we are in the process of redesigning our billing & account system that should resolve the matter in the future.

Hi Anoush

The spiel have been around for quite some time about a new system, can you or anyone at PN Towers, please provide any reasonable time frame(s), for when this is likely to happen.

TIA

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your query. I'm not able to confirm when it's due to be implemented, unfortunately. As far as I am aware it's still being designed.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Anoush wrote:

Thanks for your query. I'm not able to confirm when it's due to be implemented, unfortunately. As far as I am aware it's still being designed.

How many more years is it going to be in the design phase.....?

To be fair & honest, this has been an ongoing project for several years & I think I am not the only one that has gotten fed up with the spiel around it, with not projected date to materialise.

Have PN set a deadline when the "design phase" should come to fruition....., if not why not.....?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.