Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introductory offer

eattheword
Grafter

Introductory offer

Hi
On the plus.net main page it offers the fibre service at a discount for the first six months. My cabinet has just been enabled for FTTC so I want to upgrade from ADSL to fibre. However, as an existing customer the upgrade option in my account panel doesn't seem to be offering a six month discount on the fibre. Is the discount available to existing ADSL customers, or will I need to switch provider to get an introductory offer?  Smiley
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Introductory offer

Hi eattheword,
I'd suggest getting in touch with the customer options team to see what they can offer. Their number is 0800 013 2632, or 0330 123 9197 from a mobile.
There is also no queue to speak to them at this moment in time.  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
eattheword
Grafter

thanks for the swift response. Will do.  Smiley
eattheword
Grafter

It was worth the call. A decent package offered, thus ensuring Plusnet will keep my business for a while yet!  Smiley And the sheer unadulterated joy of speaking to a real person in the UK!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear that this was resolved and you got a decent reduction  Grin
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

A friend of mine is in the same position, he signed up yesterday (existing PN customer) and was only offered the standard £24.99 pm deal online. Another of his friends in the same street also existing customer was offered the £3.99 for six months and £14.99 pm thereafter!  I have advised him to phone up.
It put me in an awkward situation as I had helped him yesterday to sign up at that rate and he is querying me as to the discrepancy Sad
For completeness neither are wanting the phone offer, just broadband fibre.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I didn't think 'special deals' were offered for Fibre without phone.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Either did i till the other week, customer (M1 exchange) has line rental saver with BT, and broadband with PN.
Rang PN told them to match BT unlimited bb offer, and a new router, and they did.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gm4jjj,
Hmmmm, £3.99 for six months and £14.99 pm thereafter sounds highly likely to have been an offer for phone and for broadband.
I wouldn't dispute that their friend isn't on broadband only. Maybe someone may have made a mistake on our side in their favour?  Huh
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks Matty, yes I could not understand it. However the odd thing is my friend says that his friend says that was the offer on the plate when they went to the site to upgrade to Fibre.
It is possible there was a glitch in the website, or perhaps we will find the friend of a friend has signed up for phone and broadband without realising it, as that is the default being offered. I await with interest what the result of the phone call is.
Naturally my friend was a bit put out that he had only been offered £24.99 for up to 38MB while his friend was on £3.99/£14.99  for up to 76MB.
Will post once I hear back.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: gm4jjj
Naturally my friend was a bit put out that he had only been offered £24.99 for up to 38MB while his friend was on £3.99/£14.99  for up to 76MB.

I think I'd be a bit disappointed to find that out as well to be honest!  Grin
It's definitely worth checking up as to whether they have signed up to a phone service or not.
It's also worth mentioning that £14.99 is the price for  "Unlimited Fibre". This package offers speeds up to 38mb, whereas "Unlimited Fibre Extra" is the 76mb package which eventually costs £19.99.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Matty, Of course I am getting this all thirdhand, so it is quite possible and highly likely that the explanation is that the friend has signed up for phone package. I do know this other friend B, but am not inclined to get involved with them as it is a matter between them and really none of my business, apart from friend A being slighly upset with me for not getting as good a deal as his friend got. 
I will watch from the sidelines and see what pans out.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Just had my friiend on the phone again to say that his friend has now said that PlusNet have been in touch to say that there was a mistake and the offer was only for new customers and they have been put on a higher rate, though not the full rate? TBH I am not sure if one friend is winding the other up now or not, and am leaving them to sort it out themselves.  Smiley
My advice was to phone up PN and see what if anything they can offer to long standing loyal customers. I have always found PN very fair, though you do have to keep on your toes to be aware of new more favourable tariffs.
petecov44
Grafter

Yeah you get it for £8 a month while the rest of us suckers stuck in a 18 month contract pay full price.
Classic.