cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intimidation and aggressive debt collecting by PlusNet

Kaybe

Intimidation and aggressive debt collecting by PlusNet

I have been a PlusNet customer for some years - bill paid promptly and other people referred.  Recently I cancelled my subscription when i moved house.
Their attitude since then has been atrocious.  I lodged a complaint against one Customer Service Adviser but the general feedback I'm getting is "You're not out customer anymore, so we don't care!".
After taking 4 separate amounts and refunding one, all within the space of one month, PlusNet said yesterday that I owed them just over £5 and I then received 3 emails reminding me and one text - all within 12 hours.  When I queried this, they said they had changed their systems, so had closed my account before taking the final amount owed.
As I consider this to be entirely their fault - goodness knows, they had enough attempts during the month to get it right(!), I put in a complaint, suggesting that they wrote it off.
Today, less than 14 hours after the receipt of the first notification, i have received an email threatening to pass this onto a debt collector.  I consider this to be aggressive and intimidating debt collection - what do you think?  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Intimidation and aggressive debt collecting by PlusNet

Contact Citizens Advice Bureau and advise Plusnet of that.

Read http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/resolving-a-broadband-provider-problem.html
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Kaybe

Many thanks for the reply and the interesting link.  My closest friend is a Citizen's Advice adviser, and her husband is a judge, so no trouble with that - but I like to fight my own battles before I resort to them.  Next I'm going to go the referring to MD course, if I don't get a satisfactory reply from complaints.
I will also then consider taking them to the small claims court if they do put it out to a debt collection agency and affect my absolutely peerless credit rating.  I'll make sure the amount I claim is less than it would cost them to get a silk out of bed and they'll have to pay and clear it up.
Social media is a great tool, too - Twitter, Facebook are great for getting things like this out - but I'll give them a chance to answer my complaint first.
I'm just so cross that they can treat me this way when I have been such a good customer for so many years.
Grrrr  Angry
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'd like to look into this in a little more detail - I hope to get back to you later today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Kaybe

Thanks to Tony Thompson- a real thinking customer service person and of the standard I have always expected of PlusNet.  Tony is trying to unravel all the details of this case and will report back to me.
Feeling  much happier about it all - many thanks, Tony.  Smiley
dick:green Tony's name restored Embarrassed
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

HI,
Sorry I didn't update the thread yesterday. As I said on the phone, I wanted to apologise, get the initial problems sorted out and then go through everything in detail with you.
I'm pleased I've been able to help though, and I'll discuss as we agreed next week.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JasonMassey
Grafter

Debt collector over £5, pretty grim.