cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation / Cancellation

mushy
Grafter

Installation / Cancellation

If i wanted to upgrade to fibre broadband and signed up for the 18 month contract online and had been given a date for the installation but the enginner didn't show (as has been reported quite a few times recently in these forums), could i then cancel the upgrade without being charged as it would be no fault of mine ?
As i understand it i would still be charged as Plusnet will have already actioned the activation and i wouldn't be able to cancel the upgrade.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Installation / Cancellation

If it was through no fault of your own, i.e, the engineer missing the allocated appointment then we would allow your to cancel the fibre service with no charge.
I agree that there have been a few threads lately on this, but they tend to be the only one's you are going to see on here, we are working tirelessly to make sure this does not happen.
If you have any questions around this or anything else please let me know.
Chris
mushy
Grafter

What is the average current waiting time for the upgrade connection to fibre once signed up ?
Do you generally get the date that you pick when signing up ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

You will be given a provisional date when you sign up, and this will be confirmed within a few days. Depending on where you live will depend on lead times.