Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect usage count?

active8
Grafter

Incorrect usage count?

Hi,
I think my broadband usage is being miscalculated as I have an automated downloading operation setup to download btween midnight and 8am and I have done light web browsing today however the usage history for today says I have used 2.74gb - this makes no sense! I am nearing my monthly usage allowance and Im sure something is not right.
I dont want to be capped to a very low speed for 5 days if my usage is being counted incorrectly.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
acarneiro
Grafter

Re: Incorrect usage count?

I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but have you confirmed that your software has in fact obeyed your scheduling?
Have you confirmed the scheduling is set between 00:00 and 08:00 (I set mine to 00:05 and 07:55 just to be safe)
Have you checked the clock on the machine, to make sure the scheduling is being applied correctly?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking at your hourly usage (I can provide that to you if you like?), most of the peak usage is upload traffic between 8 and 9am (almost 2GB). You might want to set an upload limit to restrict the speed this can be accrued.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
acarneiro
Grafter

From personal experience, I would suggest you taking at look at services like Dropbox. They tend to have the potential of throwing your usage through the roof, especially if you have multiple computers and/or change files a lot.