Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect charges on latest bill

FIXED
Corsa
Grafter

Incorrect charges on latest bill

Hi Plusnet,

I’m sorry to report again that I have yet another billing issue, this time it’s for February.

It would appear that I’ve been charged £19.99 for line rental for some reason? My line rental saver was due to expire but this was renewed online for another year last Saturday (30th Jan). I’ve never received confirmation that it was renewed but I can see the full £208 has left my bank account.

The only additional charge that is correct for this month is £6.99 for a new router as I also renewed my broadband on 30th January.

I’m hoping @Gandalf is around to do his usual wizardry and correct this for me.
10 REPLIES 10
Corsa
Grafter

Re: Incorrect charges on latest bill

Hi PlusNet,

Since my post this morning there has been some further developments.

My ADSL broadband stopped working this morning after I had a brief outage which also affected my landline. It appears that my fibre upgrade and new 12 month contract that I agreed to last Saturday 30th went live this morning - I had no notification that it was changing over today but I've plugged my new fibre router in and that's working fine (and I'm getting speeds 7 times faster so all good so far! Smiley ).

So I am now completely lost about my latest bill and I don't understand the charges. The £6.99 is correct (new router p&p) and the only other charge should be for my fibre broadband?

See the below of what was agreed when I signed up on January 30th:

You are agreeing to a 12-month contract option.

A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

Unlimited Fibre Broadband: £2.71 per month, for 12 months
Line rental: £209.88 Annually Once the Line Rental Saver expires your line rental will be £20.29 per month unless you renew it.
Unlimited UK and Mobile call plan: £0 per month
Total per month: £2.71

Hopefully someone ( @Gandalf ? Smiley ) can get to bottom of this for me!

Thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello, I'm sorry for the issues with your latest bill.

I've checked your account and we've not received your line rental renewal payment. Could you attach to this ticket here a copy of your bank statement showing the payment's left your bank and not in a pending state so I can investigate further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corsa
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf,

I’ve just checked my bank account and the payment hasn’t gone through to Plusnet. It was showing as pending on day of payment (30th) but I assumed it would clear in the following few days. That explains why I’ve been charged for line rental!

I still want to pay for the line rental up front (£209.88). How can I do this as the link I was emailed on the 30th has now expired.

Apologies for this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Corsa 

Does plus.net/rentalsaver work once you've logged into your account? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corsa
Grafter

Yes @Gandalf, that link does work. I’m happy to pay it that way.

Quick query - The price there is £213.03. I thought it was £209.88 as I’m almost certain that’s what your colleagues in Renews said it was and that’s the amount requested on the payment screen when I put my card details in on the 30th?

It’s also £209.88 here:

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/broadband-and-phone/#line-rental

Could you advise? Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like line rental saver of £209.88 was from when you were in a fixed price contract. As the payment should've gone through previously and for one reason or another it hasn't I'll be happy to refund the difference.

Just let me know if you do go ahead with paying the higher amount and I'll put the refund through Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corsa
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf,

I have now made the £213.03 line rental saver payment - I will reply to your ticket shortly with confirmation. Smiley

I think it's gone through this time as when I refresh My Dashboard, Line rental is no longer listed under My Products. Also when I click on the link you provided above, I now get this message - You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver. This is due to expire on 05-03-2022. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer. 

So there should be refunds of £19.99 for the line rental and £3.15 difference in Line rental saver? 🤔

The only other billing issue is that my bill is referring to Unlimited broadband but my Unlimited Fibre contract started on the 6th? My agreed contract was Unlimited Fibre Broadband: £2.71 per month for 12 months and Unlimited UK and Mobile call plan: £0 per month = Total per month: £2.71?

I would estimate my bill for this month should actually to be around £9.70 (£6.99 router P&P and £2.71 fibre broadband) minus my £1.25 referral discount? Does that make seem correct to you?

Sorry for all this hassle! 😬

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Yep we've received the payment now. Cheers. 

I'll add more details onto your ticket now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corsa
Grafter

Excellent @Gandalf, very much appreciate all of your help on this. Smiley

Thanks again. 👍

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, no problem at all @Corsa

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet