cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect cancellation charges shown on account ?

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Incorrect cancellation charges shown on account ?

Quote from: MisterW
ETC can NEVER be more than the remaining contractual payments

If you paid LRS then you loose all of your remaining paid period (effectively the same as paying the 'full' LRS monthly equivalent for the remainder of the term) thus leaving just the broadband termination which, in this case, should probaby not exceed £2.50/month if you're on that particular deal (you're already loosing £12.99/month equivalent by not completing your LRS so Plusnet are already 'up' on that deal).  If not on LRS then it's only the fact that Plusnet say the £18.45/month you pay is split as £2.50 BB + £15.95 LR, they could equally say they're £8.22 BB + £10.23 LR and that wouldn't make any difference to what you pay and the termination charges would no longer exceed the cost of either product (they'd each be just over 52% of remaining contract payments).
Since the current offers include cashback, would you have to deduct that payment (if received) from any ETC before you could claim it to break the rules?
Good, honest contractual confusion from Yorkshire.  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Razorback
Grafter

There is plenty of opaque mud in Yorkshire
Mav
Fixes: 515

The discount shown on my invoices don't indicate whether it's against the broadband or phone - should I assume it's against the BB?
I have an email dated 10/10/13 referring to a ticket which I thought may hold more information but no ticket can be found when setting a relevant date range.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Quote from: Chris
The strange cancellation fees shown on matl's account have been raised as an internal problem for investigation. The other points on this thread aren't something I'll be able to answer without getting some advice from those who set and handle the fees, I'm just about to get in touch and see if they can explain these questions.
It all seems to have gone quiet, any response from those who set and handle the fees Chris ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Generally the fees are correct,we've got an internal problem open to look into any erroneous or incorrect charges that show.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Chris, does that cover the ones where it is greater than the amount of the (usually monthly) contractual retail
payments remaining due at the date of termination ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

matl
Dabbler

Quote from: matl
Alex
Thanks for this. However I'm now more confused.
£62.70 works out at £5.225 per month for 12 months, £5.70 per month for 11 months or £6.27 per month for 10 months. I can't see how this ties up with any of the numbers in the price guide.
If I understand the situation correctly if I cancelled (which I'm not planning to do) I would be charged:
Broadband : £4.30 per month for each remaining month of the 12 month term.
Phone : £0.00 (although I would not get a refund for the unused period of the prepayment)
Evening and weekend calls : Huh
Caller Display : Huh
A further £30.00 would be charged if broadband was treminated in the first 12 month, but not on migration to another provider or on cancellation outside of the 12 month minimum contract.
Please could you confirm my understanding and fiil in the missing items?

A bit more information. My monthly billing date has now passed and the amount showing has gone down to £57.00. Consequently it appears that the charge was £5.70 per month for 11 months and is now £5.70 per month for 10 months, I still don't understand where £5.70 per month comes from or why the charge remains set at 10 months and not 9 (I've now had 3 monthly bills).