Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect billing after contract renewal

FIXED
CheviotMare
Hooked

Incorrect billing after contract renewal

Renewed my contract on 16th September for 24 months. I received an e-mail confirming the contract, and the discounted price.

Received a credit when agreed by customer services charges were incorrect. However I had to query again as bills were still incorrect and billed at full price. After discussion, I was told the problem would now be fixed and the discount would be applied to future bills.

Could someone please take a look at Tickets 227686238, 229153791 and 229154231 to see details.

New contract negoitiated and agreed on twice but still being incorrectly charged and the discount not applied. If you require further information I will supply details in email rather than on forums.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Incorrect billing after contract renewal

@CheviotMare 

Suggest you phone Plusnet (despite the hassle) as this forum is not always monitored by the staff. PN has a complicated discount system and its accounts computer has a mind of its own like Hal in 2001 Space Odyssey so it doesn't always accept the deal agreed with the customer.

This has happened to me every renewal and the long-suffering staff do sort it out but my contract details on my account stage showed the full rate until some weeks later -- fortunately I was debited for the correct amount and my accounts page is now up to date, hopefully for the next two years until time to renew again.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

It seems to be a feature of contract renewals. I think it has happened to me after my last two renewals.It took three different staff members in the Complaints team to sort out the last issue over a period of over a year. My contract renewal comes up next month and so I am trying to steel myself again - that is if I do decide to stay, glutton for punishment that I am!

Plusnet really need to sort this issue out and ensure that COT staff take the time to get things right when they agree a recontract with customers. Mind you, if they simply offered the same as new customers there might be fewer variables involved and so less to get wrong!                                       

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@jgb wrote:

........  Plusnet really need to sort this issue out and ensure that COT staff take the time to get things right when they agree a recontract with customers. Mind you, if they simply offered the same as new customers there might be fewer variables involved and so less to get wrong! 

We've been saying this for years! This crazy system annoys re-contracting customers and places much extra work on the customer service teams.                                    

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi @CheviotMare, sorry about the issues with this. I've fixed the discounts to make sure we bill you at the correct rate in line with your deal going forward. I've added details to a ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230769773

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CheviotMare
Hooked

Adam,

Look forward to credit or revised bill for overcharge.

Thank you very much for sorting this matter out so promptly.

Plusnets' strength is the quality of their customer service, thats why we stay!

Appreciated.