cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill

alephant
Grafter

Incorrect bill

As tracked on Question 187573905, on the 18th of February I have renewed my contract with the following agreement.

A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband: £15 per month for 24 months and then £20.99 thereafter
Line rental: £197.88 Annually Once the Line Rental Saver expires your line rental will be £18.99 per month unless you renew it.

However, today I received the new bill which confirms I have paid the annual line rental - £197.88 - but I have been charged £20.99 for the Unlimited Fibre Extra, instead of £15.

Please correct this mistake.

Thanks and kind regards

12 REPLIES 12
Anon
Pro

Re: Incorrect bill

If they don't and do take an incorrect amount by DD, don't forget you can ask for an immediate refund from your bank. You do not have to prove to the bank that Pnet have done this, all you have to do is flag up that it is wrong and they have to make an immediate refund.

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
  • If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @alephant, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that your bill doesn't tally with what you'd agreed.

I've rectified the issue and opened a ticket on your account which is accessible here.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance at all.

Hey there @Anon,

To clarify, as I've noticed an incorrect bit of information on this and another post:

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society]

If the bill amount matches the Direct Debit taken, it wouldn't be considered to be an 'error in payment'. An error in payment would be us issuing a bil for £X, but taking £Y. The sort of situation that we're in here is a billing issue, whereby an incorrect bill has been published. This is something that we would rectify internally.

Recommending that people claim their payment back erroneously is likely to result in them being restricted for non-payment, which I'm sure you'll agree is not a helpful situation for anyone.

Anon
Pro

Thank you for your comment, but Pnet advice so late can you confirm that if the customer complians within the 3 days notice that you give them that the DD can and will be changed, and if not what is the cut off point for the customer to complian that the DD will be incorrect and Pnet stop it being sent. That issue is usally no t an issue with DD's because as the Gurantee says

If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed

Yes, this does say as otherwise agreed, though I am not sure of the legal basis of take it or leave it which is what Pnet says. But the intention of the timelimit is clearly so that a customer can contest an amount and it be changed if the customer is right. How long after notification does Pnet give to customers for Pnet to withdraw the payment? I will see if the answ e r, or abscence of an answer, is acceptable to BACS.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
alephant
Grafter

Hi @OskarPapa 

The £5.99 per month discount has been applied to the latest bill, which is good.

However the "credit of £10 (£5 owed and £5 gesture of goodwill) to the account which will be deducted from your next bill" that were mentioned in the ticket "Question #188649014" are not seen...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, I'm sorry to see that. I'll make sure that's credited on the next one unless you'd prefer a refund? I've opened a ticket on your account as we'll just need to wait for this month's bill to clear before I can rectify it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alephant
Grafter

Hi @adamwalker 

Thank you fro the fast answer. I guess a refund would be the fastest and safest way to sort this out.

Regards

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @alephant

Thanks for getting back to us.

Adam has taken personal ownership of your refund and once your payment has cleared on our systems will process a refund for you as soon as he can.

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just been able to put the refund through, I've added a confirmation and some extra info to your account, cheers for your patience: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189477248 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alephant
Grafter

Hi Adam,

New bill received today and once again no refund. Is it so difficult to refund money that I was not due to pay? It is not the amount that bothers me, as it is quite small, it's a matter of principle.

This is even more frustrating since I am currently also experiencing a network fault (pending Openreach action) which limits my speed to about 5 MB/s...

Thanks and regards

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @alephant,

I'm sorry to hear the refund hasn't been received as of yet.

After checking your account, I can see that we sent you an email confirming the refund had been processed. You can access it here. A refund can take 7 - 10 working days to be received. Please check your bank statement between the times the email was sent leading up to the end of the 10 working day time-frame as it should have been received.

Our suppliers have advised an estimated response time of 22/05/2019 anytime up to midnight and @adamwalker will continue to monitor the fault to be back in touch with any updates that we receive.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
alephant
Grafter

Hello @Jubby ,

My apologies, I had understood that the refund would have be done through the bill. I confirm I have received it on my bank account directly.

Thanks and kind regards

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @alephant thanks for letting us know you've received your refund. If there is anything further we can assist you with please let us know.

Kind Regards