Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill - overcharged and multiple charges

toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Incorrect bill - overcharged and multiple charges

Hello,

I'm writing on behalf of my dear old mum (username can be viewed by Plusnet staff from this recent post).

Just checked mum's first bill since she transferred her phone over to Plusnet and upgraded to Unlimited Fibre.

The agreed new contract was £31.99 per month (ticket: 391460001), she has been charged £54.95.

The bill shows incorrect charges and multiple charges for identical services.

The problem may stem from the fact that the initial upgrade to Unlimited Fibre failed because "Checking the order shows there was an issue and this subsequently caused the order to fail", consequently she was only receiving standard ADSL 'Unlimited (Contracted)' broadband for the first month of her new contract.

Calendar of events:
8/11/18 - new contract agreed for Unlimited UK & Mobile phone + Unlimited Fibre [new 18 month contract initiated]
22/11/18 - phone transferred over to Plusnet
6/12/18 - Fibre broadband enabled (finally)

Please could you ensure the billing is corrected, with all agreed contract discounts applied going forward, and instigate a refund.

Also, please send a conciliatory email to my mum, confirming the billing error and stating when she will receive a refund; an apology would be most welcome as well (maybe also include a financial consideration for the difficulty and stress of this troubled upgrade, or at the very least a bar of Plusnet chocolate!).

Many thanks in advance for an anticipated speedy resolution.

Cheers,
Tony

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Incorrect bill - overcharged and multiple charges

Thanks for getting in touch @toggie101, I'm really sorry for the recent issues.

I have taken a look into this and provided further information on the account here, please just let us know if we can assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Incorrect bill - overcharged and multiple charges

Hi,

Many thanks for the speedy response.

Mum will appreciate the refunded amount, thank you. Please accept my apologies for my failure to account for the practice of billing in both arrears & advance for the first month. <Doh!>

FWIW I've been a Plusnet customer for 16 years and the excellent UK based customer support is a major reason I currently remain a customer...however, it would be far preferable if there was no need to actually contact support in the first place!
(Something that has sadly become increasingly necessary in recent years.Sad)

Wishing you all the best for the festive period.

Cheers,
Tony