cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill after renewing contract

katie2190

Incorrect bill after renewing contract

I recently (January/February) renewed my contract with Plusnet after receiving a phone call and negotiating a new deal which I believed to be around £24.99. However, after checking my bills I have noticed that I am paying £34.98 which I know I would never have agreed to. I can't find any email or new contract paperwork that I can check. Is there any way that there is a record elsewhere that can be double checked as I am sure that I paying more than I agreed to?

Many thanks, 

15 REPLIES 15
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Incorrect bill after renewing contract

Hi @katie2190

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that your invoices have been higher than expected.

I have taken a look through your account and have found the details you have been looking for and have attached them on this link here

As I have found these details I have also made some amendments on your account to resolve this issue for you. You can view the full details of this here

If you need anything else please let me know.

Smiling_john

I renewed my contact. Paid 12 months up front. Received incorrect bill. Took money from my bank. When I complained many times sometimes I got apologies followed next day by more threats. My service was restricted and then restored. Sometimes record of conversation and promises where not recorded on website. The new billing system clearly has problem. I've now left worse company I have ever dealt with. Only resolved by formal complaint. I've been paid compensation. Yet yesterday I got another bill. This time for£71. Utterly hopeless.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @katie2190

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have sent this erroneous invoice to the relevant department and team to investigate. 

As soon as an update is provided, it will be added to this thread and on this ticket 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Smiling_john

As I said PlusNet is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have now had a demand for £71.06 and threatening to refer it to a debt collection agency and impact my credit rating.

I take a very dim view of these threats. I expect a complete apology.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Smiling_john, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I can see your case handler has been in touch regarding the amount passed to DCA and is currently looking into this for you. They will be in touch with you accordingly and after discussing this with them I'm confident they'll get this resolved for you.

strangepaul

I have exactly the same issue. I upgraded to Fibre Plus a few months ago under a special offer of £27.98/month, yet ever since I have been charged £34.98. Many chats with support haven't fixed it and my last chat today with a rather candid and helpful support person suggested there was a general billing software issue that was proving difficult to fix. He suggested I hang on in there and when it was fixed, everyone would be refunded accordingly. 

It's rather surprising that a billing problem has been allowed to go on for so long. Perhaps someone from Plusnet can confirm/deny this. 

Thanks.

katie2190

Thank you very much for a speedy resolution. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @strangepaul, thanks for your post.

On checking the account I can confirm that you're part of an ongoing issue.

We can fully appreciate the frustration the issue must be causing and can assure you that we're working hard to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anon
Pro

@strangepaul wrote:

It's rather surprising that a billing problem has been allowed to go on for so long. Perhaps someone from Plusnet can confirm/deny this. 

Thanks.

The issue has been going on for months, many of us have not had a bill for 5 months now.

If they keep sending wrong bills then why not just ask your bank to refund you under the DD guarantee?

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Smiling_john

I used the direct debit guarantee after plusnet refused to believe me when I told them money they had taken incorrectly had not been returned. I was then subjected to threats. I only resolved the situation by threatening court action and making a formal complain. As I understand it they have installed a new billing system which is causing problems. What really disturbs me is that a large company appears to be threatening customers and taking money which they are not entitled to giving them a free loan at others expense which no doubt they show in their balance sheet, effectively charging customers for their loans. I was capable of standing up to them but others will be exploited and that is shocking.

My latest position is I've been told to ignore their threats and it will be sorted. Was promised that in writing but not arrived yet.

Anon
Pro

Their DD system is beyond belief, they will not tell us early enough to challenge before the money is taken and threaten us when we ask our bank for a refund.

Good on you that you have taken them on.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Smiling_john

I've just spoken to your Complaints Handler and she has made me aware that she will update you accordingly regarding this and that the issue is sat with the relevant billing team. 

As you have an open complaint ticket, I would advice on pointing all further correspondence towards that platform so your Case Handler is fully up to date on all points made. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Anon
Pro

But please keep other long suffering Pnet customers up to date too on here. Good luck.

katie2190

I recieved my money back last month but my bill for this month is still the incorrect amount of £34.95. I understand that accidents happen but this is unacceptable. To be notified of a problem, resolve it for a month and then go back to charging £10 more than we agreed is really not fair. You are not holding up your end of the contract and it is a breach of trust. I was understanding first time, like I said accidents happen. But not for a second time only a month later.