cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect application of Unlimited Fibre Discount

farmersue

Incorrect application of Unlimited Fibre Discount

Hi Folks

My current contract expires on the 20th September. The discount of £12.99 for unlimited fibre has been applied regularly during the last 17 months.  However, my last bill ie August 6th 2021, shows this discount as only £2.10.  Why is this when my contract does not expire until next month?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Incorrect application of Unlimited Fibre Discount

@farmersue 

These dates look peculiar. I would not expect a bill dated the 6th of the month. If your contract end date is on the 20th then I would expect that your monthly billing date would also be the 20th. Are you sure that you have got this correct, for example did you renew your contract early last year and somehow brought the new contract forward?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

farmersue

Hi Baldrick1

I can assure you that the 6th is the billing date on my August invoice.  Furthermore, my account details clearly state that the contract ends on the 20th September 2021.  It might well be that the final invoice for the contract period will be up to the 20th. It was precisely because the current contract is coming to an end that I am researching my options which might include PlusNet.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Plusnet have changed their procedures with regard to recontract start dates in the past - in some cases the recontract started from the day after agreement with COT in others it started at the next billing date. I have had both occur.

Most recently they seem to be adhering to the next billing date timescale so that they can produce a simpler bill with no adjustments for part of the previous month on the old contract and part on the new. Mind you their price increase ploy now means that this complication arrives each year.

However, I know from very recent recontracting experience that they still have issues with the emails sent out and the Questions / Service Notices lodged on the account not always singing from the same hymn sheet and giving conflicting information. In my case, the email correctly reflected my agreement with COT but the "standard" Question lodged on my account gave the wrong start date (the next day instead of next billing date), There also still seem to be issues regarding correct application of the new discounts in the first bill after recontracting. I am presently sorting that out!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@farmersue 

Assuming you do not recontract and leave Plusnet, your final bill will be for a full month to your billing date with any overpayment refunded once you leave. If your are billed on the 6th with a contract end date on the 20th I would think you would be billed on your contract rate from the 6th to the 20th and on the out of contract rates from the 21st to the 5th. Maybe Plusnet staff can confirm this.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @farmersue, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear the latest invoice has caused confusion. I can confirm that depending on the contract start date and whether this started straight away or on your following invoice this can determine the discounts lined up and the final discount in the contract. So as @jgb has advised it can sometimes be you receive a smaller discount on the final invoice to match this.

I've looked into this further for you and have updated a ticket on your account with my findings that can be seen here.
I hope this helps.