Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Early Termination Charge

wickyb
Dabbler

Incorrect Early Termination Charge

Hello

My contract is up on 23rd September (it displays this on my account pages when I log in).

I’m moving away with effect from 24th September.

Please can someone from PlusNet please look to see why the system thinks I’m leaving within my minimum contract and wants to charge me a penalty of £3.12.

In my reckoning 24th Sept is one day outside the contract tie in and therefore there should be no penalty.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Incorrect Early Termination Charge

From other posts it would seem that PN's rather 'adventurous' billing system treats the date it is notified of your termination as your actual termination date.  This is then corrected when you actually leave, and any money owed by or to you will be billed or refunded as appropriate.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @wickyb, thanks for getting in touch.

@Jonpe is correct is saying that the amount is based on if you were leaving the date the email is generated, I'm very sorry for any confusion caused. I have replied to your ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wickyb
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies and explanation.

Hey, perhaps it would be a really good idea if you can (and help customers), to add a automatic sentence to the email explaining what you just said. I’m sure it would reduce queries and concern 😉

But thanks again for taking time to reply.