cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing

deekay
Grafter

Incorrect Billing

I am posting this in the hope that one of the senior PlusNet people, who frequent the forum, will please help me.
On 4th May, I was notified of my month's billing and it was seriously incorrect. I am on Plusnet Premium and my monthly payment is £11.74 (including a 25p referral discount). But £27.73 was taken from my credit card! I immediately raised a ticket, 33208841, querying this. The first reply I received said that I hadn't paid for April, so they were taking that amount as well. I replied that I don't 'pay', they take the money and quoted their April invoice number to prove that they had taken it. Someone else at Plusnet replied that it was their error and they would refund the money.
That cleared up the first error.
However, the second error remained.
The amount PN took for May, rose from £11.99 to 15.99 (ignoring the referral). So, I replied, querying this. Back came the answer which said that the lower amount was only for the first three months, after which it rose.
I am on a Market3 exchange and, according to the Plusnet information when I changed from BBYW2 to Plusnet Premium, there would be no increase for Market3 users. I replied stating this and asking for it to be sorted. That was a week ago. In spite of a polite reminder last Friday, I still have not received a reply.
Please would someone confirm that my monthly charge should not have gone up? If it should still be £11.99, would you please sort it out for me?
Many thanks.
Keith
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Incorrect Billing

Good morning deekay,
I'm sorry to see you have had an issue with your billing here. With regards to the double billing I have issued a refund of £11.99 which should clear back to your card within 5 days and leaves last month's bill correctly at £11.74 (£11.99 minus your 25 pence referral). So apologies for this happening in the first place and any issues you might have had chasing this.
We are working to resolve issues with our billing system at the moment but we are confident that you will not be affected by double billing again.
To clarify what's due to happen will your bills ongoing Plusnet Premium is actually charged at £11.99 for the first 3 months, then £15.99 per month following that, this is done as a special offer, so the bill for this month which stands at £15.74  for yourself is correct.
Please don't hesitate to reply if you wanted to discuss this further or need any more clarification from us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
deekay
Grafter

Re: Incorrect Billing

Thank you, Adam, for your prompt and clear answer.
I evidently misunderstood the terms and conditions when I subscribed to PlusNet Premium.
As It is now sorted, I have closed the ticket.
Cheers
Keith